LG G3 Best Backup and Restore app

Nunya Biz1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm returning my LG G3 to AT&T for the T-Mobile one; I'm gonna take a chance that in the big city, the service and data will be fine.

I want to back up the old phone and restore it to the new. Suggestions?

Thanks.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Backup and Restore app

i use titanium backup but it requires root access, i dont know if thats an option for you but helium is also well known

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

So, I'm returning my LG G3 to AT&T for the T-Mobile one; I'm gonna take a chance that in the big city, the service and data will be fine.

I want to back up the old phone and restore it to the new. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Titanium is great if you are root, if not Hellium can do the job, but why complicate it when you can simply use the Integrated LG Backup? It will backup everything on your phone, just do a cloud backup,an SD backup or a Storage Backup and then move the backup to a PC where then when you have the new G3 just copy it to the new one and do the restore.

It should work perfectly as you are restoring to the same Phone, you may have some issues when using a G2 backup to restore to a new G3 for obvious reasons, but from a G3 to another G3 no matter if they are different companies you should be able to restore everything. Just be sure when restoring to not restore or replace provider's specific Apps.

Nunya Biz1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Erasat- you went right over my head. Where is the integrated LG back up? Does it work on a mac? Thanks. (I'm new to android).

Nunya Biz1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Stevo. Let me tell you my issue: I"m returning a phone to one carrier and getting a clean one from another. How do i get the data to the computer from the internal backup?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

With the LG backup you can choose to store the backup file to internal memory or sd card. If you're using an sd card just store it there, remove the card and put it in your new phone. Then you can restore from the backup file on your new phone. If you don't use an sd card you have other options, move the file to cloud storage like Dropbox and then download to the new phone once you get it. You can also use Android File Transfer (an app written for use on Macs) to connect your phone to your Mac to transfer files. It opens like a Finder window for drag and drop transfer of files.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Stevo. Let me tell you my issue: I"m returning a phone to one carrier and getting a clean one from another. How do i get the data to the computer from the internal backup?

Like I mentioned above and it was also mentioned in the previous posts, try to do the cloud backup using the LG account, then with the new G3 just sign in with your LG account and then restore, but I'd prefer the ones that you can control, do the SD one and just use the same SD card in the new phone or do the internal storage one and upload it to any cloud account like Dropbox or Box or Drive and then restore from it.

If you prefer to keep your backup in your computer then download AirDroid from the Play Store, one of the best way to transfer any file, music, picture etc... to any computer, PC or Mac.

Nunya Biz1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Folks, thanks for the suggestions. Remember, I'm not used to having extra storage!! I bought an SD card, installed it, and did the backup. Yay!! Of course, now I have to remember to take the sd card out when I return the phone.....but hopefully I will. I know I'm slow, but I still don't get the LG cloud backup. Clearly I'm missing an article or something....

Ah, the new android life......

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Lol..do a lg backup up hook to PC transfer file to PC get new phone hook to PC transfer to new phone and do restore

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

Erasat- you went right over my head. Where is the integrated LG back up? Does it work on a mac? Thanks. (I'm new to android).
As far as I kniw LG has a Mac version. But I decided to install the Windows PC version for ease of use.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk