LG G3 does not wake up form time to time, please help?

nefep

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I just bought the lg g3 a week ago, great phone by the way, but am having a big anoying problem with it. When the phone goes to sleep it does not wake up from time to time. you can nock as harder as you can it still won't wake up, it's happening very often. When the problem occurs the phone still rings and nothing else, I have to reset the phone by taking the battery out and on most of the times and then everything backs to normal. (The phone has 64GB of external Micro SD card in it) could it be the one causing the problem?
Is anybody here knows or is having the same problem? Your help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Is it not waking up with knock only or is it with knock and using the power button on the back. Sometimes knock wo t work for me when It sleeps and I have to use the power button to wake the device. If it is with both you might want to exchange it for another.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, I see you have posted in another thread and that this affects the G3s of both you and your wife. Was there ever a time when the devices worked normally, possibly before you had installed this or that? And regarding the card, have you tried with it removed?

Posted via Android Central App

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me several times I just use the power button for a work around. There is an issue with the touch screen and it will probably be fixed in the next update.
There isn't a phone out there that doesn't have a few issues but as far as this device goes it's pretty good so far!

nefep

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Is it not waking up with knock only or is it with knock and using the power button on the back. Sometimes knock wo t work for me when It sleeps and I have to use the power button to wake the device. If it is with both you might want to exchange it for another.

Thanks for your reply,
It happened on both phones. I have tried to do what you have said with no joy. Today I have removed the 64GB micro SD and I will see if that was the root of the problem. Fingers crossed

nefep

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
At the begining they were just fine, the problem happened after inserting the cards. Today I have removed the cards (64gb) and we will see if the problems were solved.
We love the phones and we want to stick with it

Frank Straube

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
There is a 140 pages thread about G3 shutting down by itself and not waking up...That is why i did not buy that phone...
Look at forum xda-developers

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Please let us know if removing the SD card resolves your issue. ^DT

At the begining they were just fine, the problem happened after inserting the cards. Today I have removed the cards (64gb) and we will see if the problems were solved.
We love the phones and we want to stick with it

danblackracing

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Your issue is due to the light sensor. If the LG G3 the light sensor senses darkness the phone does not wake up. We ( my shop) have seen this on 5 units so far. It is real easy to recreate.

Go into a completely lit room that can be completely dark with the flip of a switch
Lock the phone
Turn off the lights, and then attempt to turn on the phone any way you can. It wont.
Now turn the lights on, then phone will unlock just fine.

Not sure when this will be fixed.

Dan

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Your issue is due to the light sensor. If the LG G3 the light sensor senses darkness the phone does not wake up. We ( my shop) have seen this on 5 units so far. It is real easy to recreate.

Go into a completely lit room that can be completely dark with the flip of a switch
Lock the phone
Turn off the lights, and then attempt to turn on the phone any way you can. It wont.
Now turn the lights on, then phone will unlock just fine.

Not sure when this will be fixed.

Dan

I unlock my phone in pitch black rooms almost on a daily basis without issues. The proximity sensor is supposed to determine if it's in your pocket or not so it doesn't turn on. I am not sure why this would be affected by the amount of light in the room?

dhiegom

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello, what Dan says, verifies.

I was under the impressiong for the last couple of days that my phone was malfunctioning.

Then i after looking up on google i came to this page.

I then tried to block the light sensor with the hand, and it verifies. All the time the light sensor is blocked, knock code or the phone itself wont even respond.

Try it yourselves.

Cheers.

303tk4

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
The same issue has haunted on my G3 D855 global model, and finally I was able to fix it...
It was mal-calibration of the proximity sensor.
Check this out:
[Guide] How to Recalibrate Proximity Sensor | Verizon LG G4

This guy has Verizon' G4, but it works for G3 global as well.
Peace
The only difference between G3 and this guy's G4 is the code to enter the hidden menu.
Hit the phone dial to enter the hidden menu.
*#546368#*855# -in case of d855 Marshmallow (it was 3845#*855# in Lollipop)
Then the URL above steps you through the procedure.