Is AT&T G3 will get android L update this year?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Most likely early 2015 per the current rumors.
Gotta get released and then sent to all the Nexus devices first.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would prefer in the meantime that they release 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 soon and L early 2015. Other phones are now getting at least 4.4.3 now and changed my view of them skipping updates to go to L. 4.4.2 is buggy on the G3... ART is buggy where on my Nexus 4 I have had no problems. And they can use 4.4.3 or higher to probably address a few bugs and can probably make the G3 run smoother/faster than it is. As it is, I don't find the G3 that much more smoother than my G2.

If they rush out to give us L, I am concerned it will be as smooth as 4.4.2 is on the G3. I rather they take there time if it takes a couple of more months but give us an update in the meantime. I head they just released a small update to my G2 so I am glad to hear they still give the G2 love.

Most likely early 2015 per the current rumors.
Gotta get released and then sent to all the Nexus devices first.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the Android version will make your G3 run better. That is up to LG to release firmware updates to the phone. If anything, upgrades to Android will slow this phone down, until LG releases firmware updates to adjust.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
well who knows if it will make it run better but 4.4.3 or greater will address bugs are found in 4.4.2 whether we are aware of them or not and never know if it does have an effect on our G3... it could be the difference whether ART works better on the G3. And of course it gives LG the chance to include any firmware update and even ATT to update any issues to their mega bloatware. The main issue is that even though I think the G3 is running well... it could be smoother. Just like my G2.... it was ok but an update or two since launch I find my G2 runs pretty well now.

I don't think the Android version will make your G3 run better. That is up to LG to release firmware updates to the phone. If anything, upgrades to Android will slow this phone down, until LG releases firmware updates to adjust.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
well who knows if it will make it run better but 4.4.3 or greater will address bugs are found in 4.4.2 whether we are aware of them or not and never know if it does have an effect on our G3... it could be the difference whether ART works better on the G3. And of course it gives LG the chance to include any firmware update and even ATT to update any issues to their mega bloatware. The main issue is that even though I think the G3 is running well... it could be smoother. Just like my G2.... it was ok but an update or two since launch I find my G2 runs pretty well now.
Except there are no updates to the Android Runtime in 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. It uses the same code as 4.4.2.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not just about updating to 4.4.3 or 4.4.4, it's about LG optimizing their code.

From what I've read, the Euro versions of the G3 have already had 3 updates already I believe. They were bug fix / performance updates. And people have been saying that their devices are running better with less stuttering and less heat buildup...etc... So they are working on things and updating the device.

I would be happy if LG would just start releasing all their bug fix updates for the US carriers as well already. 4.4.(whatever) is one thing, but I would much rather prefer all their code optimizing updates. Would make the wait for Android L more bearable.