Issues handing off between WiFi points?

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Got my T-Mobile G3 Saturday and love it. But it struggles to maintain a good WiFi connection as I move about the building at work. It appears connected, but with low signal, as if it's still trying to latch on to the access point I was nearest to 120 steps ago. And then I have no Internet connection. If I toggle WiFi off and back on, it resolves.

My Nexus 4 had no such issues. I have had issues with my Shield tablet it not wanting to autoreconnect after sleep here at work, and when Jelly Bean first came out my work WiFi also didn't play nice (resolved in a JB update). So fine, my work WiFi sucks.

I am going to try checking that "disconnect from WiFi if no Internet connection" option for now and fall back on LTE. Other ideas/experiences with this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, thanks. At work all access points have the same name; they're part of the same secure network. Methinks that app will not help in such a case?

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've done the Wi-Fi troubleshooting (or what I could anyway) but my G3 seems to have trouble connecting.

I'm living in a dorm right now so there are always millions of people online but my laptop and iPad are connecting fine while my G3 is "Obtaining IP Address"... I can't really unplug and replug in the router or anything like that as I don't have access to it.
One thing I hate about living in the dorm. >.<