Moto Droid Turbo: Just When You Thought The G3 Would Reign King Awhile

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hold on (hitting my head with a hammer....).....wait for it, OK, I get what you're saying.:p

There is a way of using a door-sized phone that is nevertheless small. I'll just get out my philosophy outfit....
You have a phone with a 3" display, and that's small. You get another with a display a trillionth of an inch bigger, which is not enough to make a difference to the size description, so that's small too. You repeat that, and again you find that the screen which you've agreed is small, is still small, because increasing the dimension by a trillionth of an inch can't make it anything other than small. And so on. There's never a point at which you can say that the trillionth of an inch increase changes the description from small to big. So you add a trillionth of an inch each time until you've got a phone with a ten-foot display, which is....small. Heh.

Posted via Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds nice on paper, but the G3 is a much better looking device.... So much bezel on that thing. And what's going on with the bottom? It's huge. Plus I have yet to see a Motorola phone with a great camera.

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have always liked Motorola phoned for their signal and phone qualities. However, my LG G3 will hold better call quality in more places with weaker service than any of the several Motorola phones I have had. For instance, my nephew has a Droid Ultra, which can't hold a candle to the LG in hanging onto calls in weak areas.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds nice on paper, but the G3 is a much better looking device.... So much bezel on that thing. And what's going on with the bottom? It's huge. Plus I have yet to see a Motorola phone with a great camera.

I agree. The Turbo doesn't look as nice as the Moto X or G3. The G3's camera is good and I'm not expecting the Turbo's to be that much better than the new X. I wouldn't expect any G3 user to move on to the Turbo unless they are wanting the Moto Software Suite I mentioned earlier on this post. If that suite does nothing for you, I would stick with the G3. And I'm a Moto user and loving my OG X. Take that as you will.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus 5 doesn't either.

Ok then -iNexus5 also...

I just find it astonishing that any manufacturer can release a 2014/5 flagship phone without SD card support. Nowadays, if you have a card, it likely to be a minimum of 32gb, and often 64 or 128 (as I have). Even if I thought the Droid Turbo was for me, I simply couldn't buy it as I'd have to keep all my stuff elsewhere all of a sudden. Even the iSheep can buy something with more than 32gb, albeit built in.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok then -iNexus5 also...

I just find it astonishing that any manufacturer can release a 2014/5 flagship phone without SD card support. Nowadays, if you have a card, it likely to be a minimum of 32gb, and often 64 or 128 (as I have). Even if I thought the Droid Turbo was for me, I simply couldn't buy it as I'd have to keep all my stuff elsewhere all of a sudden. Even the iSheep can buy something with more than 32gb, albeit built in.

^^^Perhaps it is hoped that we pay to use Cloud storage?

The goal here is to get people to use data more, and also pay for cloud services. This is a typical business move to lobby for lack of SD card Slots from manufacturers.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The reverse of Zeno's Dichotomy Paradox. It didn't reflect the real world either: What is Zeno’s Dichotomy Paradox? - Colm Kelleher | TED-Ed

There is a way of using a door-sized phone that is nevertheless small. I'll just get out my philosophy outfit....
You have a phone with a 3" display, and that's small. You get another with a display a trillionth of an inch bigger, which is not enough to make a difference to the size description, so that's small too. You repeat that, and again you find that the screen which you've agreed is small, is still small, because increasing the dimension by a trillionth of an inch can't make it anything other than small. And so on. There's never a point at which you can say that the trillionth of an inch increase changes the description from small to big. So you add a trillionth of an inch each time until you've got a phone with a ten-foot display, which is....small. Heh.

Posted via Android Central App

Tallman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I agree, Stwutter...no expandable memory on an otherwise killer spec'd flagship? At least give us 64 gig on board. Understanding the zest for more cloud-based revenue...I mean, for real, how can you offer 4K video and a 21mp shooter with only 32 gig? All year, I thought the Note 4 was for me, but having seen these spec's...especially the legendary Moto signal strength and toughness of this Droid Turbo makes me drool. None of the "leaked info" have addressed storage directly...am I kidding myself?