LG G4: A Concise Review After Five Days (Model H815)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Close but that title goes to Sony, at least with their Xperia Z3 devices, but yes LG has so done a wonderful work.

Ah that's good to know that Sony has good standby times! Have never owned a Sony phone so I wouldn't know. Should of been careful with my proclamation, lol. :)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The battery sounds great; however, a phone with a 3900 mAh battery shouldn't be compared to a phone with a 3000 mAh battery.

JMHO.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6 until the G4 arrives.

Why not? Like I previously stated, the G4 battery out performed the Turbo battery. They have different processors too.

I doubt any two phones are identical. So there is no written law dictating what is and isn't acceptable in phone comparisons. My initial review was more about the G4. But you don't, in the least, find it pretty cool a battery with 900 mAh less than my daily driver (Turbo) did substantially better? That's absolutely a fact worthy of being mentioned.

Posted via the Android Central App

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the main reason LG went with the 808 was that if they were going to have to throttle the 810 to the point were performance would be equal to the 808, they might as well use the 808.

Teddy Sutanto

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Murph.. May I ask (since i just got mine yesterday). ... Whenever I power off the G4, and piug in the charger, it would automatically power on the phone. Is it normal?

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I think that's why LG chose the 808 SoC over the 810. The 810 has received mixed reviews. The 808, in my opinion, hasn't been out long enough to judge, but I'm sure LG did their due diligence testing the 808 and 810.

I'm not savvy in programming, computer language, computer science, etc so I'm not sure how and why they went with the 808, but I assure you, energy conservation and a lag-free home screen are about as good as it gets, to today's standards.

Definitely, they were very careful in trying to balance performance and power consumption, and I think they made the right choice going with the 808.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was a bit disappointed that it doesn't have a rapid feed charger like the Turbo does, but it gets charged typically when I go to bed. Again, another insignificant detail.

I was under the assumption that the G4 does have rapid charging, unless I am misreading this sentence

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon or when Verizon sells this, I probably will exchange the model.

I knew a quick charger was available, but I was referring to what came in the box. It are the additional costs that can be irritating.

The G3/G4 showdown, to me, is too close a call for me, if I was the consumer. Albeit I had issues with the G3, but if reliability never came into question, I'd have a difficult time justifying a 3 to 4 upgrade.

NEW FACT: Last night I fell asleep and forgot to charge my phones. This is what I woke up to -

Turbo: 66% battery remaining
LG G4: 96% battery remaining

11 hours of stand-by and with both phones at 100% the G4 only dropped 4%. I'm very impressed.

how far did the turbo fall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174