LG G3 Google calendar

coloneljames

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the Google calendar app.

I have two calendars synced. gmail account and work exchange account.

I created an event for the exchange account.

now I want to change that existing event to my gmail account.

however when I go to edit the event, there's no option to change calendars. instead I must recreate that event using the other account.

am I missing something?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google calendar

Hi James,

Unfortunately, no, you're not missing anything. Once an event has been created, there's no way to 'move' it to another calendar. You can forward the event to your address, however, and then it will be created on your Google Calendar. Not the cleanest option, but an effective one nonetheless.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

No problem :) I wish I could have given you the solution you wanted, but sometimes the answer to some questions is 'it can't be done' :(

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

When I go to edit an event, there's a dropdown at the top that allows me to select a different calendar. I also have Google & Exchange calendars synced.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I thought I remembered an option like that. But I feel like that was 3 years ago on a very old version of Android. I certainly can't do it now...

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

When I go to edit an event, there's a dropdown at the top that allows me to select a different calendar. I also have Google & Exchange calendars synced.

If you have multiple google calendars then you can swap between google calendars, but I believe if you have an imported calendar that google is also viewing (like an exchange calendar) I can not switch it between the imported calendar and the primary google calendars.

-spg

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

One is a Google acct calendar, the other is a Microsoft acct (Exchange). Both calendars appear in the drop down for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa