Screen is just a complete battery muncher, and it's only set to 42% brightness

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414349668851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414349668851.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 59

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I only just put the SD card in, but the battery issue has been ongoing since day 1. As for rogue app, what other ways can I discover it without resetting phone? I've been on Chrome for the past hour and my charge has gone down 30%. Crazy.

Delete it Uninstall the Facebook app, that is a known battery killer. Better to login from a browser.

Posted via Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just installed GSam battery monitor and here's what it looks like. Seems, aside from the screen, Android is hogging resources...WTH?
I wouldn't get worried about the Android system usage. The battery monitor only had 3 minutes worth of data. Even the battery monitor app took 13% (the most) in that 3 minutes. You need an average days' of use to gather good data. And depending on your 'screen on time', any screen will be a battery hog. Some phones are just worse than some.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Delete it Uninstall the Facebook app, that is a known battery killer. Better to login from a browser.

Posted via Android Central App
Thanks, but never had this issue on my Moto X. I don't want a phone where all the major apps have to be deleted so that it'll live up to its promise of "great battery life," you know?

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't get worried about the Android system usage. The battery monitor only had 3 minutes worth of data. Even the battery monitor app took 13% (the most) in that 3 minutes. You need an average days' of use to gather good data. And depending on your 'screen on time', any screen will be a battery hog. Some phones are just worse than some.

I'm assuming this phone is worse than others, for sure. I haven't charged my Moto X since yesterday and I still have 30% battery left on it (and I use it for everything else BUT calls). My LG G3 is down to 23% and it's only been unplugged for 7 hours with minimal use. I'd never last out and about with this kind of battery life.

MadeInCanada4u

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Try using DU Battery battery saver. It has many options to help you monitor and manage battery drain, 1 of the best battery apps I've found. Also try keeping your screen at 25% or less while indoors. All the issues your having point to an app issue, hope you find the culprit!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea, no problem in trading it out but that gives me 3 days under 14 day return policy and I'm traveling next week.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I think Verizon and Sprint stores do it for a year.

With at&t after 14 days, you have to go to a Device Repair Center.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So after some tech stuff with Sprint for the past 45 minutes, it seems my phone might be faulty or it's just LG in this area. No idea, but I've tried everything else, except switch out the phone for another, which I won't have time to do now as I'm traveling in 2 days. Thanks, everyone, for the help.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use CM Browser in full screen mode just for Facebook. It works a treat and feels just like the Facebook app - no address bar, just pure Facebook. Add m.facebook.com to the home screen via the CM Browser menu and it will always open in CM Browser rather than Chrome. I tried Tinfoil but couldn't get check-in to work at all.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The low memory warning refers to RAM, not storage space. You may have a rogue app/apps that is/are using up your RAM.

Darkdeckard

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Really bad luck. I have my new LG G3 for one week and I can say is a great phone. Impressive screen, good battery, fast... I agree with the opinion of one rebel app causing some kind of trouble or incompatibility with another one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38