Loss Of Root Access On Cyanogen Mod

gashadow

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I flashed an unofficial version of the Mahdi rom. It worked mostly OK but I lost root access for all root apps. It was still rooted because I then flashed an unofficial version of Cyanogen Mod. Again I lost root access for all root apps. I am on my third flash of Cm, all with the same problem. Apparently many people have had the same problem but I have yet to read of any real solution. Can anyone help me with this?

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
If I remember right you need to go into settings. There's an option for Superuser, I think it might be under performance settings at the bottom of the settings app above About Phone.

gashadow

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been to the Superuser setting. I don't see anything there that would help. Do you know of any setting that I need to change?

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I haven't tried these particular roms but while researching various roms, I do recall reading that, once installed, you have to enable root in 'Developer options'.
To enable 'Developer options', go to Settings>About phone>Software information>then tap 'build number' 7 times... Developer options should then be available in your Settings menu, have a look in there for root settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Once you're in the Superuser setting you have to hit the menu button. There it will have a toggle for turning superuser access off and on. Mine was already on but I think I unchecked it to turn it off and then turned it back on again. It worked fine after that.

I have been to the Superuser setting. I don't see anything there that would help. Do you know of any setting that I need to change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress