Is my lg3's battery life especially poor?

Thosmor

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Had my g3 for five days and have been really disappointed with the battery life. I've been using it solidly for the past hour for browsing, and gsam is telling me I've used 42% in 1hr 6 mins. The screen has used 32% of that, apps have used 67%. I've had 0% screen brightness the whole time, and been on WiFi.

This doesn't feel right to me. Anything I can do to fix or is the phone itself a dud?

I've read plenty of other posts here but none of them describe the same problem. I don't have an issue with drain when it's locked, it's just when the screen's on, the battery just drops like a stone.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Something's not right maybe see if you can exchange it, that's a massive drain for barely over 1 hour screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, what apps have chiefly used the 67% of the used charge?

Posted via Android Central App

Thosmor

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Various android system apps, including kernel and one called dboxed_process2, among others I can't recall (I've had to reboot since op because ran out of battery!)

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Must be a faulty, battery/phone. I was charged up 6am,its now 3.15pm. I still have 72% left, and watched videos. Best battery ever.

Goldnava

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
The LG3 battery sucks. No it's NOT a specific faulty device because my battery life on the LG3 is the same exact way! The screen takes up a huge chunk of the battery life and so do the running apps that run even if they're not on. The phone likes to install updates WITHOUT my knowledge which also drains the battery even when I turn my phone off. It's too bad I don't mind this phone but it's not worth it when you can't even go a day without having to plug it in! Thumbs down.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
It installs updates without your knowledge because that's how you have it set.
Simply turn off the auto install updates.
If the phone drains battery when turned off, then you obviously have a defective device with an internal short and/or a defective battery.

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
That definitely sounds like a lot of drain.

I can usually go 2 days on a full charge - but I'm a very light phone user. Screen brightness at 30%, Sleep after 1 minute of inactivity, minimal games and video, etc...

draskome

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I use to get 3hrs of SOT... IS IT NORMAL OR A DEFECTIVE BATTRY???

It could be normal if you are using screen with 100% brightness or so, and if you doing some processor - demanding activities while screen is on.
Normaly, with auto brightness on, SOT is around 5,5hours here.
This is my last night situation with 50% battery left:

Attachments

• 5916.jpg
    5916.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez