Lg G3 in china

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to get a LG G3 for my in-laws to use in China on China Mobile. Which model should I get?
I'm in US.
Thanks!

The panda has spoken

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a model number for the Chinese version online, so ask your in-laws to look at one in a store, pop off the back, pop out the battery and look on the label for the model number. Then search for that model number online. (You may not be able to buy it outside China, though.) And make sure it comes with a Chinese warranty. Having to ship it back to the US or UK (or wherever you bought it) for minor repairs wouldn't be too good.

(Actually, the best way to do it is for you to pay for it at a retailer close to them, so they can walk it back if there's a problem. Either find the retailer and contact them or send your in-laws an international money order or some other way that will work in China. Even buying them a Chinese credit card might work, if you give their address as the address of record for the card, so it's sent to them.)

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. In the meantime I found the Chinese model, it's D858 and they are here visiting and thought they would get it here (maybe cheaper?). I checked my father in law's S4 Duo and he has the same frequencies listed on the LG G3 D858 so I'm assuming the LG would get 4g since the S4 does kin China)

The panda has spoken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress