How Stock Can You Go?

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Here's a semi-challenge I set for myself; How 'stock' can you make the G3 without rooting and/ or flashing it? I found a few, but I bet there's more...

First off, I switched to Google Now launcher. I was using Nova, but while that definitley got me the results I wanted I felt like it violated the spirit of the challenge. Then, I stopped as many of the LG apps as I could and uninstalled the updates. I can't get rid of or freeze LG health or VoiceMate without rooting the phone, but out of sight, out of mind.

What else can I do?

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I think you missing the point on Nova using it is the best way to get stock experience on android.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think you missing the point on Nova using it is the best way to get stock experience on android.

I don't understand the point of trying to be "stock." I want my phone to be the most productive possible, customized to meet my usage patterns and needs. That's the big advantage of Android over competing platforms. That may mean turning off some LG features, but it also means adding apps, and making customizations, to add features. Stock isn't a goal that makes sense to me. To each his own, though.

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the point of trying to be "stock." I want my phone to be the most productive possible, customized to meet my usage patterns and needs. That's the big advantage of Android over competing platforms. That may mean turning off some LG features, but it also means adding apps, and making customizations, to add features. Stock isn't a goal that makes sense to me. To each his own, though.

It's more of an experiment than an actual usage case; for daily use, my phone is heavily modified. I just see people talking about 'stock ROMs', and wanted to see how far I could take it without the ROM part, as some people can be leery about rooting/ flashing their device.