Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll be first....and yes, I did a factory reset had to so that text messages would work...
But after reset:
When swiping open, the home screen displays for a second the goes blank for a split second then displays.
Battery life is terrible when compared to before the update
When on a call, the dial screen gets really small with a lot of white space below the command boxes
and when on a call, cannot swipe down the header when on the home screen

Sure hope they come out with bug fixes soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It has been a few days! It was loaded last Wednesday, and I did the factory reset on Friday. So maybe your definition of "a few days" is different than mine. However, it appears to be getting worse each day.

And no, I don't hold my breath for anything that is android related; that's why I said "hope." It is just a shame that google has a reputation like Microsoft had years ago. I am not impressed, and the sad part is, I WAS impressed with this phone a week ago.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you've had it for a few days, then you don't have the official, pushed Sprint update, as that one started rolling out - as the link states - today. So, you're either not on Sprint, or you side loaded the update prior to official version/push. The latter typically has the most issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you've had it for a few days, then you don't have the official, pushed Sprint update, as that one started rolling out - as the link states - today. So, you're either not on Sprint, or you side loaded the update prior to official version/push. The latter typically has the most issues.

Exactly. Sprint officially started rolling out the update OTA today (2/16/15). Anything prior to this was leaked and not official.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

"Oh, I'm on the Sprint LG G3 forum? When did that happen?"

xD
This is still the the main forums for the LG G3 but this was specifically a " Sprint " LG G3 thread/update :p

wmr291

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting here in Indiana as well. I think its all lies and propaganda. :). My wife's HTC M8 got it on Monday. I've got lollipop envy.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
As is typical with these updates, Sprint (and other carriers, when it's their turn) will roll out to a fairly small number of users. Wait a bit to make sure there aren't any major issues, then start rolling it out to everyone else. Even then, it will be phased. Everyone won't get it right away.