Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

Lucky Lindy

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Wish I never updated. My phone was great on KK, not so much on lollipop. I constantly get the proxy error, Facebook and Google plus don't load correctly. And it lags horribly. I would go back to KK in a heartbeat.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lucky Lindy

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Clearing data on the FB app and going to the connection optimizer entry under apps and tapping "uninstall update" fixed that bug for me.

Just gave that a try. I need to factory reset. But I have pictures that I know are stored on the phones memory that I don't want to lose. I do auto backup with Google plus. I have tried to import them to my PC, but it never works and just keeps saying that it's looking for pictures.

Lucky Lindy

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I do have another issue. When I'm in a group text message in hangouts, when someone responds, it comes through as needing to download an MMS message and it comes through on our one one one thread. When I download it, it moves to the group messages. And sometimes it doesn't download at all. If my sis with a *visible shudder* iPhone sends a picture in group, most times it doesn't load at all.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys/gals know that I decided to factory reset my device after a few weeks of having Lollipop installed. I'm def noticing some improved functionality and bits and pieces of features that I didn't have before like when you press on something you have that wave effect on a selection. Pretty cool!

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
This is not a complaint but more of a question. I have just done a factory reset today after getting the 5.0.1 update from sprint. I have noticed that the back, home, and recent apps buttons are visually smaller than before doing the reset, has anyone else experienced this same thing?

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually what I mean is that I like them better now, they seem more like the setup on the nexus.

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

So I've done 2 factory resets in the past day due to my phone being weird and glitchy and the last reset was as a new phone because I think my google account was bringing over presets that weren't helping. So far so good

Last edited:

alexies494

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello! I have an unlocked LG G3 sprint 32gb version. I am wondering whether an update to lollipop using sprint OTA update will lock back my phone. If it will which other way can i update my phone without locking it. The phone model is LGLS990. And i already have a downloaded OTA update for a while now but I am scared to update it so i dont re lock the phone. Please what can i do.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I have an unlocked LG G3 sprint 32gb version. I am wondering whether an update to lollipop using sprint OTA update will lock back my phone. If it will which other way can i update my phone without locking it. The phone model is LGLS990. And i already have a downloaded OTA update for a while now but I am scared to update it so i dont re lock the phone. Please what can i do.

Did sprint unlock it?

alexies494

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't quite know. I bought it used and unlocked from the vendor. I am not sure whether it was unlocked by sprint. I stay in Nigeria and sprint is a US carrier service if I am correct. And i'm not knowledgeable enough about the unlocking process.

JaxJM

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to all who posted the connection between Sprint Data Optimizer and the dreaded "Proxy Server is Refusing Connections" error message. I disabled the Data Optimizer and haven't had an issue since. I went to check what purpose the Data Optimizer was intended to serve - it's meant to look for WiFi connections to conserve battery life, so I installed a 3rd party app called "Smart WiFi Toggler." Will see how it goes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos