Recommended replacement battery

OpalOtter

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been awful for the past few months (even before updating to 5.0.1). I work with a guy who also has a G3 and he is shocked at the difference in our battery lives. Right now I'm getting around 3-4 hours of screen on time, and MAYBE 10 hours low usage. Since I know it should be better I've decided to replace. I'm not interested in the 6000 or 9000 mAh batteries since it would make the phone super thick. So I'm wondering; have any of you replaced your battery with another 3000 mAh bettery? If so, which one and would you say it's as good as the original one?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
AndroidHabit has been touting his 3850mah battery and even a 4000mah battery that he got on ebay. It's the same exact size of the stock battery, so no replacement back-plate.

I have been considering getting one of these to try out. It's pretty cheap as well.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
AndroidHabit has been touting his 3850mah battery and even a 4000mah battery that he got on ebay. It's the same exact size of the stock battery, so no replacement back-plate.

I have been considering getting one of these to try out. It's pretty cheap as well.

Thanks for the shout out but I only have the 3850mah right now but I am thinking of buying the 4500mah. Also the 3850mah and the 4500mah are both TQTHL brand.
I can't vouch for the other brands.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I know, but it seems stock is just plum out for this. I've seen people on Amazon blast this brand and specific battery for being "only 3,000mah" and not the advertised, but I've also seen a few people, like you, claim way better numbers. 8h SOT is hard to argue though, so I have to believe it's higher capacity.

Does it show the right mah in CPUz?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been awful for the past few months (even before updating to 5.0.1). I work with a guy who also has a G3 and he is shocked at the difference in our battery lives. Right now I'm getting around 3-4 hours of screen on time, and MAYBE 10 hours low usage. Since I know it should be better I've decided to replace. I'm not interested in the 6000 or 9000 mAh batteries since it would make the phone super thick. So I'm wondering; have any of you replaced your battery with another 3000 mAh bettery? If so, which one and would you say it's as good as the original one?

Have you tried to refresh your battery? If you get a chance, try this:

1. Drain the battery to below 15%. (Try not to take it lower than 10%)
2. Turn the phone off and plug it into the stock charger that came with your G3.
3. Let it charge fully while off. (I usually do this overnight)

After that, you should get most if not all of your battery life back.

As for any other battery purchase, maybe it's me, but I only buy OEM batteries. I've got 2 OEM Batteries. I heardly ever have to swap them out, but if I do, it's nice to know that it's really easy and relatively fast to swap them out. I also keep an external battery charger so I can charge the battery that is low without it being in the phone.

If you have to have a larger battery, take a look at Zero Lemon. I've heard good things about them.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I know, but it seems stock is just plum out for this. I've seen people on Amazon blast this brand and specific battery for being "only 3,000mah" and not the advertised, but I've also seen a few people, like you, claim way better numbers. 8h SOT is hard to argue though, so I have to believe it's higher capacity.

I have never used CPUz but I will DL it now and check it out.
With the battery time I have had with this battery I never questioned it.
I knew it was better quality than the rest on ebay by the way it looks.
I will let you know what CPUz says.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Coma, I checked out CPUz and from the reviews it seems like its not accurate.
I DL anyway and confirmed it is not really accurate.
My dpi is wrong and the battery says 3000mah, so its seems its reading or getting phone specs not actual battery.
Even then some thing's are wrong. I will keep it around though and watch for an update maybe.

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Coma, I checked out CPUz and from the reviews it seems like its not accurate.
I DL anyway and confirmed it is not really accurate.
My dpi is wrong and the battery says 3000mah, so its seems its reading or getting phone specs not actual battery.
Even then something's are wrong. I will keep it around though and watch for an update maybe.

Thanks. I really want someone with a ZeroLemon battery to check CPUz to see if it reads differently. I was just curious what it would say for your battery.

OpalOtter

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to refresh your battery? If you get a chance, try this:

1. Drain the battery to below 15%. (Try not to take it lower than 10%)
2. Turn the phone off and plug it into the stock charger that came with your G3.
3. Let it charge fully while off. (I usually do this overnight)

After that, you should get most if not all of your battery life back.

As for any other battery purchase, maybe it's me, but I only buy OEM batteries. I've got 2 OEM Batteries. I heardly ever have to swap them out, but if I do, it's nice to know that it's really easy and relatively fast to swap them out. I also keep an external battery charger so I can charge the battery that is low without it being in the phone.

If you have to have a larger battery, take a look at Zero Lemon. I've heard good things about them.

Yes I have, multiple times. Thanks for the suggestions though. I have always run my battery down to 15% before plugging in. And I try to charge while off whenever possible.

Here is a prime example, less than three hours of screen on time and my phone is already down to 20%

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1616.jpg
    1616.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 116

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Looks like it's time for a new batt. Like I said, I'm OEM all the way, but I understand you wanting a bigger battery. ("I think we need a bigger boat" keeps poping into my head...) I'd be interested in seeing what you end up with and the results. At least we have a phone that we can replace the battery on :D

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I just ordered this TQTHL High Quality 3.8V 3850mAh ... there were only two reviews and one said it was no good. I had some Amazon points saved up and saw this thread so I figured I would just try it and see. I couldn't get it through Amazon Prime so it won't be here for a few days. I'll let you all know how it is after a week or so.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered this TQTHL High Quality 3.8V 3850mAh ... there were only two reviews and one said it was no good. I had some Amazon points saved up and saw this thread so I figured I would just try it and see. I couldn't get it through Amazon Prime so it won't be here for a few days. I'll let you all know how it is after a week or so.

You wont be disappointed in the purchase, as long as you have control of the phones operation.

Things to do to get the best results are the following.

Get rooted, xposed, wakelock detector, wakelock terminator and startup manager (free).
With these things you can control the wakelocks and receivers.
I use all of these apps and my phone is used through out the day and sleeps completely while screen is off.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You wont be disappointed in the purchase, as long as you have control of the phones operation.

Things to do to get the best results are the following.

Get rooted, xposed, wakelock detector, wakelock terminator and startup manager (free).
With these things you can control the wakelocks and receivers.
I use all of these apps and my phone is used through out the day and sleeps completely while screen is off.

Aside from all that, you think that the battery is a good purchase? Sorry for the edit...one more question. Will I lose NFC with this battery? I didn't see anything about it in the description.

This is the first phone I haven't rooted. Probably should now that I got lollipop...

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
NFC is built in the battery door, so it depends. If you have to replace the battery cover, then you want to make sure it still has the NFC pad and two gold contacts at the top right.

Since I bought the QI charging cover (and use it nightly), I have 4 gold contacts on the top right and would not be able to use any other battery cover that didn't have the 4 contacts.

See the pciture below. Right battery cover is NFC only. Left battery cover is NFC and QI Charging
qipicture_zpsa25771a4.jpg

The far left phone is a european model. You can tell because the contacts are not spread out like the US variant which is the phone on the right.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Aside from all that, you think that the battery is a good purchase? Sorry for the edit...one more question. Will I lose NFC with this battery? I didn't see anything about it in the description.

You will not lose NFC capabilities. This replacement battery does not interfere in any way with those connectors or the antenna.

Please let us know the performance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87