software status shows modified?

mhall26

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've never rooted or anything and don't know why the software status shows modified. Also noticed that in the system recovery it shows modified in the upper corner. I noticed this after encrypting my phone and wiping my phone. It asked me to decrypt my phone first so I just failed the 10 pin attempts to wipe the phone. I also lost the 2 preloaded videos that show off the awesome screen. Is this normal that it shows modified. I thought I remembered it showing official before. What gives? It is a vzw G3 with the current 4.4.2 software. Should I be worried? It doesn't show "this device has been modified" when checking for updates. I'm freaking out though.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I consider this a display glitch, probably because of the encryption and factory reset.

Don't fret, though! Since the update check is OK and you never rooted, I wouldn't worry about it.

mhall26

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I ended up forcing the vzw lollipop 5.0.1 update. However it still showed modified. I love the new features of lollipop but it was a little laggy and buggy even after a factory reset after update. So I flashed the stock 10b vzw firmware and it shows official. Then I checked for updates and downloaded and installed 12b. Looks like I will wait for vzw to release the lollipop update.