LG G3: Need to disable email notification sound, how can I do this?

A

AC Question

LG G3: Need to disable email notification sound

I just got an LG G3, and I have a Yahoo email account set up on it. I need it to display the number of unread emails on the icon (I think the little circled number is called a badge?), but do NOT want my phone making a notification sound every time an email comes in. This is really annoying in the middle of the night, especially when it's from spam emails.

When I go into the email app, and choose <menu> --> Settings --> <email account name> --> Notifications --> Notification Sound, a list of folders at /storage/emulated/0 appears instead of a list of tone sounds and a None option. I don't know what to do at this point to disable the notification sound.

How can I keep the badge number on the icon working but disable the notification sound?

Thanks,
Tracey

dusterdude

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
open the email tab with the @ symbol,click on settings,click on your yahoo account,see notifications,click on notification sound,click silent.that will disable the sound,make sure you click the box in the notification area for the number to pop up.try that and see if that works

TraceyYates

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I followed your directions (thanks!), but after I got to the Sound Notification option, there was no Silent option for me to select--just the list of folders at /storage/emulated/0.

Any idea how to get the Silent option to appear?

Thanks,
Tracey

lorigam

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
If you aren't having any luck with the Notification Settings, the problem could be a Folder Notification setting, which may not be as easy to find.

For instance, on my device I have a personal email app (from LG, synced to Gmail) which I had no problem with, but I also have a work email app.
What worked for me in the work app was: Going into the app > Settings > Tap on the name of the app (O365, or whatever IT called it) > Folder Sync (as opposed to 'notification settings') > uncheck 'folder notifications'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa