Camera sometimes aks if I want to save my photos on the SD Card

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi :)

The camera-app of my G3 sometimes asks me - especially after I rebooted the phone - if I want to save my photos on the SD Card. Somehow, it doesn't remind my desired setting of saving photos on the SD Card. Do you also have such experiences? And do you know what to do in such a case?

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me after I unmount the SD card (and remove to add music or strip files - definitely faster than using a cable). When I reboot after putting card back in will get this question the first time I open the camera app. Not unexpected behavior. Did you unmount the card?

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
No, I didn't unmount the card. Perhaps Android - or at least the G3 - unmounts its sd cards when rebooting and mounts them again? This behaviour can be seen especially after reboots. After that, it rarely asks for the place to save files ... what do you think?

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you having problems at all with accessing the card or the SIM card? Had that problem earlier in the year with my G3. Ended up with a new card reader and then second trip back to LG for a random update that seemed to have fixed problem (so far).

ws4590

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I get the same thing, it always asks every time the camera is opened and doesn't seem to remember the setting

Posted via the Android Central App

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Well, no, in all of the other apps the card is recognized without problems. What do you mean with a new card reader? So you brought your device to LG?

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I was having problems last June with SIM card not being recognized, SD card constantly mounting and unmounting itself. Went through 3 new SIM cards, eventually had card reader replaced in July under warranty. This worked for about 3 weeks, then SD card kept unmounting and mounting itself. Sent it back again. Fix at that time (which I'm not sure why) was for software update because gyro was nonfunctional. 4 months later still working. Was just asking because the camera question about storage is triggered by unmounting SD card and restarting phone.

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Ah, I understand. Well, it happens not as often as with your phone. Only after a reboot, to be honest. I did all Updates. So you mean sending it to LG would help so that they do a "special" Update?

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
No, just if things start happening with your SD card unmounting itself a lot unexpectedly and/or the SIM card failing, could be a larger problem.

tioler

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Mhm, okay. Well, the dimensions of the problem are - in comparison to the ones you expoerienced - quite small. No problems with the sim-card, and the error with the sd-card also only occurs sometimes. So perhaps I just try to start living with this problem :)

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My Lg3 also asks every once in a while the same question... I haven't figured out why either... I just tap yes store the pic on the SD card and move along also...

G3 D850

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87