I hate this phone

elliebean78

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I've seen a bunch of threads about this, but none have really solved my issue.

This morning, my phone was working like normal. Then as I was driving to work, it just turned off and it literally wont turn back on. It shows the "LG Life's good" screen for between 5-10 seconds and then shuts off.

Ive tried taking the battery out for a while. I have changed batteries. I've done the hard reset by pressing the middle and down buttons on the back. Normally it's unresponsive, but one time, I was able to get the down buttons and enter button to work and tried to do a factor reset/wipe option. It said that it did wipe the data, but I'm still having the same issue.

It will momentarily boot into download mode but then shuts off between about 5-10 seconds. It will not charge, the computer will not recognize the phone.

I don't care about losing my data. I don't think the data reset actually worked. But I just want to use this damn thing again. HALP.

thanks!

Rubeni Alimasi

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Never heard of in this issue before on any Android phones.

If you can enter in download mode. I suggest you root phone. Flash a recovery and a ROM.

Posted via the Android Central App

bolski

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried getting a new battery? How old is the phone? I've never had that issue except when I've had a bad flash of a rom. Is your phone on stock? Or were you running a custom rom?

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I think he is using a custom ROM or the phone is rooted. I rooted one time my G3 and gave me similar issue but after I wrongly deleted the recovery data. Then I have to manually flash the phone back with the stock ROM. Then never again I will root the phone. Just waiting patiently for the marshmallow upgrade.