how much data do you use a month

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I seem to average 3-4 gb/month
I live in Canada and plans are pretty expensive
I'm on a corporate plan and pay $70 for 5gb, unlimited text and talk in North America

Posted via the Android Central App

PkPaulo

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I usually do 1.5 - 2gb a month , But i try to save data when i can , when i had unlimited i would use 5-8gb a month

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used around 60-150 GB a month. Anywhere in there. This month is light I'm at 40 GB.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You use your phone as a hotspot for half the world? ������

Haha :). I don't use hotspot much (maybe 1 GB a month) -- the rest is phone data (HD videos and stuff). I do use WiFi when at the house though (Comcast).

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
1.5-2GB for both my wife and I combined. Most of the time we use WiFi. Paying for a 3GB plan on Verizon.

Unlike @Almeuit, I download everything to my microSD card so I rarely have to stream media.

ucho

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
About 3-4 gb and that is because I forget to turn wiFi on sometimes. I have a 5gb plan.

70$ for 5gb? That is really expensive. I pay 10€.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1.5-2GB for both my wife and I combined. Most of the time we use WiFi. Paying for a 3GB plan on Verizon.

Unlike @Almeuit, I download everything to my microSD card so I rarely have to stream media.

I would download if I could but sadly most shows are streamed from the cable provider or some other service that doesn't allow you to download it. Paying for all that content to "own" versus paying a small subscription to stream would cost a fortune.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I use around 150gb on WiFi alone. And that's mostly streaming video, youtube, netflix, etc. And around 3-4gb on my data plan. I have Straight Talk so it's unlimited but throttled to 2G Speeds after 5gb Highspeed.

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
2-3 GB a month. When I had unlimited data, it was more reliably 3 GB since I didn't hesitate to download audio book chapters if there was no WiFi.

--
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're thinking too much.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would download if I could but sadly most shows are streamed from the cable provider or some other service that doesn't allow you to download it. Paying for all that content to "own" versus paying a small subscription to stream would cost a fortune.

A fortune in battery power from all that streaming over 4G! lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Um... Maybe 1 GB or less? Haha. When I had my Nexus 5, there was one time when I didn't realize that my phone had switched from Wi-Fi to data (weak Wi-Fi signal); and burned through it all with Netlfix... So ever since then, data is ALWAYS turned off and I only switch it on for a few minutes while I'm at work or just to check Facebook, email, etc.

Yeah, gone are the days when I let my phones do things without my permission! ;)

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
About 3-4 gb and that is because I forget to turn wiFi on sometimes. I have a 5gb plan.

70$ for 5gb? That is really expensive. I pay 10€.

Data plans in Canada are pricey ... We don't have much competition here

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana