Will the Verizon G4 have carrier branding on the front similar to the G3?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have quit buying cars, tv"s, food, etc. because the manufacturers insist on putting their name on it.
By your logic useless Verizon is not the manufacturer here. They are just a useless dumb pipe who has zero design taste and keeps crapping up good looking device.

But I hope they put their ugly logo on the front coz anyway I'm not with them and until people keep buying they will keep putting.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
if I have to look at both an LG and VZ logo on the front of my phone, that's a deal breaker. I've said many times aesthetics isn't high on my list, but I separate that from branding. my ocd just won't allow it

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have quit buying cars, tv"s, food, etc. because the manufacturers insist on putting their name on it.

That's why I debadge my new 2015 Nissan Murano. :) My boy wanted me to leave the SL AWD so others know which model I have but WTF what they think. LOL

Not just mine but my families as well. It just looks better without it.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That's why I debadge my new 2015 Nissan Murano. :) My boy wanted me to leave the SL AWD so others know which model I have but WTF what they think. LOL

Not just mine but my families as well. It just looks better without it.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

similar, I the Honda Accord on mine, but made the dealership remove all their branding (license plate & decal)

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
For the images Verizon has released so far, the branding is only on the back of the phone (although things could change before release):
https://twitter.com/VZWnews/status/593083505384493057

Hopefully it stays this way. Never understood why they have to squeeze their logo on the front, if nothing else put it at the bottom, not the awkward upper right hand corner. Fingers crossed the back is only thing that gets branded.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL, VZW isn't going to be burning their logo in the leather. Do you even realize the cost of trying to do something like that?

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If Verizon offers the leather option, the logo will obviously be on the front top - at least that's what I think. Won't be able to stamp that leather.

LG stamps the leather. So why couldn't Verizon?

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I never said they couldn't but LG stamps the leather during the manufacturing process I'd imagine. Verizon would have to spin up that same process and it would increase their costs significantly if I were to guess. Finally, nothing prevents a person from buying an unbranded back cover so VZW would be taking a chance and assuming their branding won't prevent users from buying a third party leather cover. .

They do on the back of the Moto X 2014...

I will be away for a few minutes wiping the egg off my face. :eek: Perhaps I should just stay with AT&T as I planned on going to VZW this month.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I will be away for a few minutes wiping the egg off my face. :eek: Perhaps I should just stay with AT&T as I planned on going to VZW this month.

No egg man. Just saying they do WHATEVER they can to ensure people know it is a VZW phone! Like Juicy sweatpants...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Probably because LG does their own. I doubt Verizon would have the added cost to add it to the leather when they can simply place it on the front like the G2 and G3.

xetaray

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Or they could just not offer the leather version specifically because it'd be easier and cheaper to put their logo on the plastic ones.

Which is exactly what they did, going off their tweet.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the Sprint G3. I didn't realize they put carrier branding on it. It would definitely look better without it.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk