Lag right when you unlock the phone

nivlac978

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get a little lag right after you unlock the phone? It's like it's reloading the home app. Chalk it up to a software bug that will get fixed after an update?

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my G4 for about 24 hours, and I think maybe it's happened once. I'll have to watch for it now.

[add signature here]

Hdima010

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing that as well and I dont know what it is! Other than that, the phone is working perfectly but that is kinda annoying.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had that. It was like kind of like a Kindle page reload. Then I read about enabling Developer options screen and set
Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale to 0.5x instead of the default 1x. Everything is much smoother now.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I not only had lag after unlock, but also many times while using the phone. I was extremely pissed and was ready to take it back, then I found a posting about lag with the recommend procedure below. After turning off the transitions, no lag. Runs smooth as silk.

So, try this:
Settings/Developer Options/Drawing - Set all of the below to Off. (Some have said .5. You can try that if you want)
  • Windows animation scale
  • Transition animation scale
  • Animator duration scale
It solved my lag issues.

(If you don't have developer options do this)
Settings/About phone/Software info - Then tap on Build number repeatedly until Developer Options is unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38