It's nice to see some negatives showing up...

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's also nice to see maturity. It's "blah blah issue is bothering me, does anyone know a fix?" Instead of "this phone is crap because it blah blah".

If love to know the issues before I actually get mine, because there may already be fixes that people have found and shared on here.

*Side note: Why no release date info yet from the big 3 here in Canada? Booooo. I keep hearing the 19th mentioned, but nothing official yet.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.
This. Exactly this. It's nice to be a part of a forum where everyone isn't jumping down each others throats. I started that thread about the notification shade, and was so surprised to get actual feedback and even a solution. It's the complete polar opposite of the S6 forums when that phone was released. People were down right nasty to each other there.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Would be great if this vibe continues, without jumping on someone because you don't agree.

We all have different views & opinions and that is a great thing 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
One of my biggest pet peeves with LG phones (especially coming from a Samsung Note 4 and Note 4 Edge) is the auto brightness. The auto brightness on the G4 is so dim. I like to keep auto brightness on to conserve battery, but man...the G4 adjusts the screen brightness all the way down. Comparing the 3 phones side by side, the Samsungs are at 60-75% screen brightness and the G4 is about 45% brightness. I wish there was a way to tweak this a bit.

If the auto brightness works the same as on the G2 than you have to do more than just put it on auto brightness, at least to set it up right.

The auto brightness also has a slider from 0% to 100% that you set along with it. So in other words if the slider for auto brightness is set at 50% instead of 100% it will be half as bright. The slider does not mean it will stay at what % you set (like it normally would).

So go to settings, check the auto box but put the slider to 100% and see if that helps. It will still be in auto brightness but should be brighter than it was before.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh dude. It's NASTY in there, especially for anyone complaining of crappy battery life on their S6/S6E (which is TONS of people). There are a few [censored] that claim that anyone who has bad battery life is "stupid, lying, or doing something wrong".

Then they tell people how great their battery life is...........after disabling or turning off just about every feature the S6 has.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh dude. It's NASTY in there, especially for anyone complaining of crappy battery life on their S6/S6E (which is TONS of people). There are a few [censored] that claim that anyone who has bad battery life is "stupid, lying, or doing something wrong".

Then they tell people how great their battery life is...........after disabling or turning off just about every feature the S6 has.

Exactly. Always get a kick out of the turn the Bluetooth off don't use GPS turn screen brightness down to 30% only sync email once an hour and then you can get great battery life.

reltubm

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. Always get a kick out of the turn the Bluetooth off don't use GPS turn screen brightness down to 30% only sync email once an hour and then you can get great battery life.

So I'm both new to Android central as well as the LG products. I just switched over from the HTC One M8.

That being said I love the G4 so far. However the battery life really lacks. I have to do all of what you all have stated in regards to turning pretty much everything off in order to make it 8 hours.

Does anyone have any LG UI tips for this rookie? I'm more disappointed in Verizon for removing the Themes and even more so for removing the Smart Settings. The battery, screen size/quality, camera and storage options are why I went with the G4 over the S6.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

You're exactly right. Once I complained about the S6's battery, I was called a troll.

Oh well. I have a better phone now. :)

Posted via the Android Central App on the LG G4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non