Camera app location, how can I get the Geo tagging on in all pics taken?

wargamer6

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Camera app location issue

Hello everyone,

I've had this phone for around a week now, and I like it. There's just one weird quirk that I'm having problems with. In the LG camera app, I've got the geo tagging feature turned on, but it doesn't always apply location to taken photos. Sometimes, it's after a few photos have been taken it starts to do this.

I tried other camera apps, and they worked 100% of the time,

I tried turning off and on the feature, doing a cache clear, even a factory reset but still have this issue.

Anyone else run into this?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera app location issue

Interesting. I've taking pics in my house and the location comes up all the time. We were out last night and I took a pic but no location info was added. I will try again this weekend as we will be at another location.

camelot023

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

I checked the pictures I took last week. The first four have no location. There is an option to add location. These pics were taken of a waterfall down in a valley. The rest of my pictures have locations attached to the pics. All of these were taken on a ridge line or out in the open. In my case I would guess the GPS did not have time or a clear enough view to get a good GPS lock and did not set a location for the first pics. Not sure if your scenario matches.

wargamer6

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. I've taking pics in my house and the location comes up all the time. We were out last night and I took a pic but no location info was added. I will try again this weekend as we will be at another location.

I originally had the AT&T one but now have the international one. I've had the issue on both.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I have the AT&T version. I'm guessing it's possible that as stated above the GPS may not have had a clear enough view to get a lock. My location last night was inside a theater at a concert.

marcelcf

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I also have a LG G4 and have the same problem. The solution I adopted is to use a freeware app called FineGeotag. It puts the location on photo after you take the picture. The problem is that on LG G4 you have to change the location of the picture to local (not SD Card), otherwise the app does not work. If you to that, you´ll also have a problem if you use Google Photos: it will show duplicate photos on Google Photos. The solution for that problem is to erase the local copy of the photo after upload on Google Photos.

Before this phone, I had a Galaxy Note 4, that has exatcly the same problem. Before Galaxy Note 4 I had a Moto Maxx and, a Moto X (1st gen) and Moto X Play. All the Motorolas did NOT have this problem: all the picture was geotaged proprerly, even without telephone signal. I also have/had iPhones (iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5 (I missed the 5s), iPhone 4s, iPhone 4) and all the iPhones didn´t have this problem, and was extremely precise, even when it didn´t have a sim card on it.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it has to do with where the camera app get the location info. It could get from GPS, cell tower triangulate, wifi, or all 3. Most of my picture are tagged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89