No built in Photo Editor on Gallery app?

Hdima010

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

I just bought my G4 two days ago and so far so good, the only big problem with it is that I can't seem to find the built in photo editor in the Gallery App, did they delete this option? Whenever I try to edit a picture it always sends me to the Google Photos app or the SnapSeed app to edit them. I erased these two apps to test if they were the problem somehow, but then when I tried to edit a picture again, the 'pencil' icon to edit disappeared. All I can do with the built in gallery is crop pictures apparently. So FRUSTRATING!

Is there something Im missing or something I have to activate to be able to edit the photos with the built in photo editor, or did they actually delete this option from the Gallery app? If so, its completely disappointing.

Please let me know, I will really appreciate it. Thanks!

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I just bought my G4 two days ago and so far so good, the only big problem with it is that I can't seem to find the built in photo editor in the Gallery App, did they delete this option? Whenever I try to edit a picture it always sends me to the Google Photos app or the SnapSeed app to edit them. I erased these two apps to test if they were the problem somehow, but then when I tried to edit a picture again, the 'pencil' icon to edit disappeared. All I can do with the built in gallery is crop pictures apparently. So FRUSTRATING!

Is there something Im missing or something I have to activate to be able to edit the photos with the built in photo editor, or did they actually delete this option from the Gallery app? If so, its completely disappointing.

Please let me know, I will really appreciate it. Thanks!

The Google app is the default editing app, however you can choose whatever app you like.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Try out QuickPic ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en&token=aE3-HE3- ) -- I (and several other posters to this forum) use it for both viewing and basic editing. I also use a second editor, Snapseed ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.niksoftware.snapseed&hl=en&token=sPkKfu8r ) for more advanced editing.

Quick notes:
  • Please read through the photo saving and rotating threads referenced here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/544443-common-issues-solutions.html
  • You'll find that editing photos is a bit trickier if you're saving your photos to an external SD card... solutions to that are in one of those threads I just mentioned.
  • Snapseed is great, but you'll have to get used to doing up/down/left/right gestures on your photo to work through the various settings.

Hdima010

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Wow really? Its such a shame that LG doesnt have its own photo editor and has to rely on Google or third party editors for that. I thought every manufactured nowadays included a photo editor in their gallery app as a rule... i guess not.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Wow really? Its such a shame that LG doesnt have its own photo editor and has to rely on Google or third party editors for that. I thought every manufactured nowadays included a photo editor in their gallery app as a rule... i guess not.

Google Photos is, as I understand, the "stock" photo editor and frankly I'd rather have a tried-and-true Google app than an LG app any day of the week; I only got rid of Google Photos because it's very much geared towards organizing your photos and synching your photos with their cloud services... neither of which do I require. (Also, Google Photos does not allow for editing / overwriting of External SD card photos.)

Switching to using Snapseed is really a snap, and you'll learn to love it quickly enough; the only reason I mention QuickPic is that it can be used to edit and then write to your External SD card photos (if you follow the directions noted in those threads), while Snapseed saves to your internal memory.

Both QuickPic and Snapseed are free, and do not use ads.