How do you carry your G4?

Skyline315

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm all but set on buying this over the S6. My one hesitation is the size.

Coming from the S4, I'm already annoyed by how bulky it looks in my pocket, and am not sure I can handle a larger device. How has everyone here been faring with it? Will it be a noticeable difference over my S4 or is it a tiny adjustment that I'll get used to?

No. I don't wear skinny jeans :p

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
No skinny jeans here either.

I came from a Galaxy S3, in an Incipio "Silicrylic" case, one of the 2-piece cases with a silicone inner "liner", and a rigid outer shell. Great protection, but it added a fair bit of thickness.

I have my G4 in a Spigen Slim case. Just a single thin rigid plastic shell, no soft pieces. It adds minimal bulk, while still protecting it from scrapes and stuff. I have a tempered glass protector on the screen as well.

It's larger than my S3. But the thin case makes the difference less pronounced. It's thinner than my S3 with the case I was using on the S3. I do wish the G4's corners were more rounded. But it has been fine in my pocket so far.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
For me the phone is at the outer limits of my liking from a size perspective. I had a very thin case on it but dropped the phone and dented it and put on the thicker Spigen Neo Something-or-other to protect it more and I couldn't stand to have it in my pocket. I'm back to my very thin case and I've accepted the fact that since I can't go thicker I have to live with dents and scratches on the non protected areas.

I'm ok with it in my pockets (no skinny jeans here either) but it can get annoying but not so much I need to move on to a smaller device. I can say I'll never buy one larger than this and most likely my next phone will be smaller.

I came from a GS3 and the size was perfect for me. Can't help you with the GS4 question but we're probably in the same mind-set. I'm fine with the G4 just to be clear, but barely so.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Never been able to stand carrying a phone in a pocket, so mine is attached to my belt in an Otter box defender, just below my PPD

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Phone is fine with me. Most men's pants have big pockets so it fits. I came from an iPhone 5 (4 inch screen) so it was a big jump for me and no issues.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You must start wearing sleeveless jackets with many pockets. My G4 sits in one of the breast pockets a treat, and being high up, doesn't feel heavy or bounce around. I could tote a Nexus 6 in there if I had one, no problem. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
You must start wearing sleeveless jackets with many pockets. My G4 sits in one of the breast pockets a treat, and being high up, doesn't feel heavy or bounce around. I could tote a Nexus 6 in there if I had one, no problem. :)

Made me laugh, thanks. Still doing a silent chuckle.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm all but set on buying this over the S6. My one hesitation is the size.

Coming from the S4, I'm already annoyed by how bulky it looks in my pocket, and am not sure I can handle a larger device. How has everyone here been faring with it? Will it be a noticeable difference over my S4 or is it a tiny adjustment that I'll get used to?

No. I don't wear skinny jeans :p

Check out the gsm arena visual size comparator tool: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...LG-G4,Samsung-Galaxy-S4/phones/8997,9104,7597

Capture.PNG

I used it before I bought the g4 comparing it to the note3 and s6.

Last edited:

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
In the pocket (Jeans).

It feels a bit too tall when in the pocket and when I move and do stuff while working, but I get used to it. I had a shorter phone before.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I came from a GS4 to an LG G4 as well and while the difference is definitely noticed it isn't unbearable to me.

Oh, and I carry it in my pocket just fine. It's in an Incipio dualpro right now which is a little bulky.

Jim3rg

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
The only protection I have on the phone is the screen protector that was originally on the phone, it slides into my jeans pocket no problem. My insurance will cover any accidents etc.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

I carry my phone in the right breast pocket of my uniform at work. It does feel a tad weighted but nothing my chest can't handle! It does fit fine in the pocket.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine rides in my jean/short/pants front right side pocket with a incipio black dual layer case with no problems. Also I'm happy with the BACK SIDE Speaker because if it was front side, it would muzzle the sound in my pocket. I do not want front firing speakers EVER!! Top or bottom firing would be ok. ☺

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I always put my other phones in a hard shell two piece case for protection, but I didn't want to cover up the G4s nice leather back. I keep it in a Pdair leather slip case so I can toss it in my back pack or clip it to my belt and not worry about it getting scratched. It was left over from a Sony Z2 which was a disaster waiting to happen and got sold quickly.

CBaca86

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I carry my phone in my front pocket of my jeans, shorts, slacks. It fits with no problems. However, sitting down with the phone in jean pocket can be uncomfortable and if you tend to put your hand in your pocket while standing or walking, the phone can make your hand bend the wrong direction. Ouch.

All that said, I do love my G4.

DeucesSammy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I use mine with a Defender and primarily use my right hand, occasionally I use both hands and in the back right pocket.

Bigboldbri

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have also just bought a G4 to replace my much beloved GS4. I always had that in a battery case so the G4 is only marginally wider and the same height while much slimmer. Remains to be seen if the G4 needs a battery case. I would not recommend the Lg Quick circle case as the plastic back is very slippery.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
when i wear jeans it's in my back pocket. In my suit pants or khakis its in the front pocket. Not too many choices lol, but it fits fine even with a case on