Remove ATT Built-In Calendar?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to remove the ATT built-in calendar? I use Google Calendar and that syncs to multiple devices including my PC whenever I make a change. I see no point in having a built-in calendar on the phone. I've already made one appointment that I couldn't find later because I set it up on the built-in calendar by mistake. Any ideas?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to remove the ATT built-in calendar? I use Google Calendar and that syncs to multiple devices including my PC whenever I make a change. I see no point in having a built-in calendar on the phone. I've already made one appointment that I couldn't find later because I set it up on the built-in calendar by mistake. Any ideas?

I can't speak for the ATT version you mention, but maybe you mean the LG calendar app that comes pre-installed?

I also use Google Calendar. I wanted to get rid of the built in app., only because when I set a reminder, I got two alerts as it draws it's info. from my Google account also.

Without root, it can't be un-installed, but it can be disabled in Settings> General> Apps> All. Find the offender and disable it. It should work whether I'm talking about the same calendar app. as you or not.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should have been more clear... The calendar app is fine. I don't get double notifications. The problem is that ATT gives me a built-in account for the calendar. I'm trying to remove that account so I don't inadvertently create an appointment in it.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should have been more clear... The calendar app is fine. I don't get double notifications. The problem is that ATT gives me a built-in account for the calendar. I'm trying to remove that account so I don't inadvertently create an appointment in it.

I have AT&T also but it doesn't have a built in account. I have disabled Phone Calendar display so it will only display gmail calendar and the default on creating new appointments is on gmail account. I had the same setup with my old Galaxy Note 2 with the built in calendar app.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have AT&T also but it doesn't have a built in account. I have disabled Phone Calendar display so it will only display gmail calendar and the default on creating new appointments is on gmail account. I had the same setup with my old Galaxy Note 2 with the built in calendar app.
I disabled the display but the calendar still shows up when I create a new appointment. I guess I'll just have to pay more attention. Thanks.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I disabled the display but the calendar still shows up when I create a new appointment. I guess I'll just have to pay more attention. Thanks.

That's strange. When I create a new appointment, the only option is under my gmail account. I can't change to any other options even if I want to. Do you have some kind of AT&T or LG account under your "Account and Sync" under settings? I also disabled all apps starting with "AT&T" in the name.. maybe that did the trick.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. When I create a new appointment, the only option is under my gmail account. I can't change to any other options even if I want to. Do you have some kind of AT&T or LG account under your "Account and Sync" under settings? I also disabled all apps starting with "AT&T" in the name.. maybe that did the trick.
Nope. Only ATT under Account and Sync is address book and I haven't initialized that. When I go to add an appointment I get options for my Gmail account, my Exchange account and "Phone".

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Only ATT under Account and Sync is address book and I haven't initialized that. When I go to add an appointment I get options for my Gmail account, my Exchange account and "Phone".

I think we all have the "Phone" calendar option (I do with Verizon and did with Sprint previously). So, if that's your problem child, it isn't AT&T specific. I don't think its even an account, per se. I don't think it's possible to flat out disable that as an option, but I've gotten around it by setting other defaults where possible and hiding it (i.e. in my Contacts).

I'm not sure I've helped you in the slightest.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Well, I didn't setup Exchange, but I don't get the "Phone" one either. I have no idea what I did to get rid of the "Phone" option when creating new appointment.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think we all have the "Phone" calendar option (I do with Verizon and did with Sprint previously). So, if that's your problem child, it isn't AT&T specific. I don't think its even an account, per se. I don't think it's possible to flat out disable that as an option, but I've gotten around it by setting other defaults where possible and hiding it (i.e. in my Contacts).

I'm not sure I've helped you in the slightest.

Well it is possible.. because mine doesn't even show up at all. I just don't remember if I did anything to cause this. Let me play around with it and see if I could find out....

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So under Calendar's setting, under Accounts, I only have my gmail account but I could Add a LG account. I think I have removed it when I first got the phone. Maybe that's why I don't have the option to create new appointment under "Phone"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall