LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesn't. How can I get my wifi working?

Flavio Maselli

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I went back to the sprint store where I purchased my phone and was told LG agreed to replace all the defective G4s. The lead time is supposedly 1 week. This is a lot of inconvenience, but still better than having a brand LG G4 phone that doesn't work.

Nikkorasu

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if that does it.

Has anyone on a carrier other than Sprint had this problem?

Yes! I've had wireless issues and I'm on T-Mobile. My Wi-Fi will work for awhile and then all of a sudden, nothing. I have to turn off the Wi-Fi and go back to 4G in order to get back on the net. I find when I go to turn my Wi-Fi on, the icon flashes like 5 times before it actually connects. Other than that, I love the phone. It's way better than my G3 ever was.

Lucus4u

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys today I faced this issue while connecting to my wifi, I restarted the device it didn't worked then I opened the back and pulled the battery out for 5 minutes when I turned my device on the WIFI was off and when I tried to turn it on again it started blinking again, after calling the LG Customer Support they said me to do little things and it's working again!
SO heres what to do
goto Settings-General Tab-Apps then clear the data of these selected items mentioned below.
1) Config Updater
2) Download Manager
3) Google Account
4) Play Service
5) Play Store
6) Framework (Well I couldn't find it on my Phone)
7) Home
8) Setup Wizard
9) Web Services
10)Settings

Clear all the data of these selected settings and I hope it will work. God Bless All of you And may God bless our Phones.
Peace.:)

I tried these and didn't fix my G4 wifi issue. The wifi icon is always blinking and in settings it always says its "turning on" but the on/off button is greyed out and unselectable. Best I can tell from conversations with Sprint and LG, Sprint will get me a refurb since they cannot fix it and think its hardware related but its only 4 months old. LG wants me to send the phone to them which could be upwards of 2 weeks with no phone as they do not do loner phones. Rock and a hard place it seems. Luckily I have an unlimited data plan and Sprint really are the ones getting screwed since I eat up anywhere between 40 to 80gigs of data a month. I feel like its unfair that Sprint doesn't do anything more for their customers after a couple weeks of purchasing their phones. LG I king of understand but feel like in this day and age both places should try a little harder to accomidate consumers that have issues with their products.

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesnt.

I'm on T-mobile and it kinda happens to me... When I turn WiFi on it blinks 5 times before staying on. I think it wasn't happening before although I keep WiFi on most of the time.
And also I'm having trouble with really slow WiFi at home even that I'm using 2.4ghz

Posted via the Android Central App

jd898

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
bump. having the same problem with my LG G4 H815, unfortunately I bought my phone overseas and with no warranty and no way I can send it back for a replacement as stated earlier on the OP as a solution, previously posted on other part of forum (cant post link less than 10 posts) but didn't have much exposure.

My LG G4 started acting in a unusual way, the wifi icon keeps flashing and on the wireless tab it says turning wifi-on but it never detects any wifi and can't turn it off and my bluetooth turns on and off and does not find any devices.I have tried rebooting and also soft and hard restore and nothing fixes it, even restarting it to factory settings does nothing to help the WIFI signal.

Ozzyel PT

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Just signed in to share this.. I solved it by deleting /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf .
It will reset all your saved networks.
I have it rooted and deleted the file through a root explorer or you can remove it via adb (adb shell rm -r /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf Im not sure).

You may back it up before then open with a text reader to see your saved passwords.

Hope it helps.

MarkColo

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks OzzyPT - will try that next time.
Did a factory reset. Problem persisted. OzzyPT - would a factory reset blank out the file you indicate?

After the factory reset, I fixed it by pulling the microSD card and wiggling around the SIM card. Specifically I pushed it towards the center of the phone. The SIM on this model does not have an obvious way to remove it so I went with re-positioning it.. Booted it up. It worked. Put the memory card back in. Booted up. Still working. I wanted to remove and re-seat the sim because of something someone said above about lacking hardware ID's...

My phone was a T-Mobile Alcotel One Touch (3 months old)

that1techieguy

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Just signed in to share this.. I solved it by deleting /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf .
I have it rooted and deleted the file through a root explorer or you can remove it via adb (adb shell rm -r /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf Im not sure).

You may back it up before then open with a text reader to see your saved passwords.

Hope it helps.

Are you positive that this will solve it? Did you just browse to that file, delete it, reboot, and the wifi started to work?

Thanks

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This seems to be a sprint thing. I'm on Verizon and don't have this issue.

that1techieguy

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

This seems to be a sprint thing. I'm on Verizon and don't have this issue.

I am on Verizon, and experiencing this issue. I've tried everything except rooting and deleting that file. I bought my phone off craigslist brand new, so I can't go through LG because of no proof of purchase.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Eek, this is why I only buy from credible sellers, like a store

that1techieguy

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

Hope it helps.

I rooted my Verizon g4 and this did not fix the issue..wifi is still broken.

dbacks34

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I am also with VzW I started having this issue back in July, device was replaced and it is still having the same issue. When you call LG they say it is being worked on. I was hoping the new software released this passed weekend would fix it but it did not. LG said I could wait for a new update or mail it in to be manually repaired. From what I can read over all forums, it is effecting all carriers with this phone model as well as a Samsung s5 devices since the Lollipop update as well. I hope google gets it updated soon. As all the suggestions are not working. No wi-fi is getting annoying.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I haven't see any software update for Verizon since the 12a one.

Ozzyel PT

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
It worked for me just as described on an LG L3X. no reboot needed. Maybe it's just one of many problems that can cause the wifi get broken

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I am on Verizon, and experiencing this issue. I've tried everything except rooting and deleting that file. I bought my phone off craigslist brand new, so I can't go through LG because of no proof of purchase.

Just call Verizon Wireless tech support as Verizon Wireless will provide replacement warranty for 12 months from activation date of devices that they also sell regardless where you bought it. If you have Total Equipment Protection, then they will cover it anytime you still have the TEC on your account. They will send you a replacement in advance and you just either accept the new device and send the old phone back or send the new one they send you if you like it within 5 business day which realistically is 30. If you don't like it and want another replacement, call them and they will ship you another one while you still have the replacement they sent you, they provide pre-paid shipping.

Danadiamond

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine at USCellular. I have the same problem with the wifi blinking. My phone keeps shutting down and won't reboot for hours. I was told I need to pay an additional $35.00 on top of the purchase price so I can return to them this defective new device that is less than 2 months old and they can send me a remanufactured device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87