CHOETECH LG G4 Quick Circle Case with Qi Wireless Charging*

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
https://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH-Cir...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4631090

I was recently contacted by someone from CHOETECH and offered this case in exchange for an unbiased review. After using this case for the past week, here are my thoughts.

Ever since the LG G3 released in 2014 and LG introduced the concept of cases that replaced the standard battery door cover and snapped on in its place, I thought the possibilities would be endless. Sadly, all but the G3 Quick Circle case were limited only to overseas retailers and no third party case maker thought to jump on this idea. With the release of the LG G4, LG reintroduced their Quick Circle case only which was unfortunate since the G3 had other replacement back cases that offered either better grip or more protection while still being a wireless charging option for those who did not want a folio case.

Since the launch of the LG G4, wireless charging has essentially not been an option for the average consumer unless they wanted to pay $60 for the official Quick Circle case (compared to $16 for this CHOETECH knock off which was only recently released). The only option for those of us who wanted wireless charging and actually knew that we had other options was to deal with the headache of tracking down a seller who sold a wireless NCF/Qi sticker and installing it ourselves, with many users reporting just as many failures as successes. Sadly, LG just does a poor job of actually supporting their phones once they're out of the door.

Wireless charging aside, there's not even many quality options for an affordable, quality Quick Circle case and none other that I've seen that actually replace the battery door cover rather than just snapping onto your phone like a standard phone case and adding extra bulk. Out of nowhere, here comes CHOETECH giving consumers an option for wireless charging and a quick circle case in the style of LG's official version. Not only that, maybe there's also hope that we'll see other styles of non-folio, wireless charging cases that similarly replace the battery door cover (fingers crossed).

I don't have an official LG Quick Circle case to compare this one to, but, from comparing photos, it looks exactly the the official case minus the LG branding. I received the black case for my review and, despite it being listed as "black," this case is a gray color. In fact, it's the same exact gray as the standard "Metallic Gray" back that you can purchase the G4 in. They both have the same diamond pattern back, but it's definitely more pronounced with this case. While it's a very subtle feeling with the standard back cover, you can actually easily feel the diamond patterned back on this case and it's actually a kind of cool feeling. Furthermore, I feel like this case is less slippery than the standard back plate, though my girlfriend disagrees with me on that point. The texture of the screen cover has a nice, soft fabric feel to it.

The case fits great. You snap your phone into it just as if you were snapping on your standard back plate so it's minimal bulk. I'd say it offers just as much protection as those slim, plastic cases that you can purchase. That is, it protects the corners of your phone, though the top and bottom remained a bit exposed. In addition to that protection, your screen also has a cover to protect it from scratches except for the open circle. No ports are blocked and there are cutouts for both the LED indicator and front speaker so that you can take calls without opening the cover.

In short, it's a near perfect folio case, though I would have preferred true black to be a color option along with other color choices and maybe even leather varieties.

My main gripe with this case is that there is no real way to keep the cover closed. I wish it had some sort of magnetic clamp to keep it closed. When you first get the case, the flap connecting the cover to the base of the case is a bit rigid so the cover will not stay closed flat on the screen without some effort on your part, though, after using it for a while, it becomes less of a nuisance. Still, I would have liked to see some sort of way to keep the cover clasped shut without any thought or effort.

My only other gripes are with the functionality of the quick circle view and its compatible apps and that's no fault of the case. I basically only use the open circle view for viewing the time so I wouldn't mind seeing a variant of this case without the circle opening since it's usually more convenient to just look at your full screen anyway.

I would definitely recommend this case, but not for everybody. If you don't like folio cases, then obviously this isn't the case for you. However, if you're just looking for a way to get wireless charging onto your phone and you really don't like folio cases, you could always pull off or cut the flap that holds the screen cover to your case and just discard it so long as you don't mind that the case is no longer symmetrical. To anyone else that genuinely likes folio cases, is genuinely interested in the circle view function, and would also like to have wireless charging on their phone, then I think you should at least give this case a try. It's cheap and it feels great without adding extra bulk to your phone.

4/5

uploadfromtaptalk1440416942516.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440416983951.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440417015753.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440417040813.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty