Phone update! (Carrier: Telus)

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone update!

Thanks are mostly due to gibmcfragger - he's been very helpful, beyond the call of duty.

You asked me the other day if there was really a point to rooting it.

1) Adaware
2) Camera quality mod
3) Titanium Backup

That's enough for me. :)

Last edited:

Adam Davidson

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm about to do this update on my Rogers H812, but I had one question. How do I go about updating my phone to the next update that comes out? Will my phone continue to check for Rogers updates in the future? And if it does, will it update without issues?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm about to do this update on my Rogers H812, but I had one question. How do I go about updating my phone to the next update that comes out? Will my phone continue to check for Rogers updates in the future? And if it does, will it update without issues?
You would have to wait until the Rogers 10f KDZ is available, and then flash that in the future. Once you flash the Telus version, it won't receive Rogers updates until you flash a Rogers KDZ again. I wouldn't worry though, the KDZ will be available on Devtester for download.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Just got my wife's new Bell G4, and it looks like Bell has released version 10e... I'm installing via LG Bridge. I'll write back with an update once I know how it goes.

EDIT: I've installed the 10e update and I can see right away it's not the same as the Telus 10f update (at least the one obvious update: the unimportant slowmo mode change)... and since I know and love the 10f update, I'm going to use the Flash method to install 10f.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Just got my wife's new Bell G4, and it looks like Bell has released version 10e... I'm installing via LG Bridge. I'll write back with an update once I know how it goes.

EDIT: I've installed the 10e update and I can see right away it's not the same as the Telus 10f update (at least the one obvious update: the unimportant slowmo mode change)... and since I know and love the 10f update, I'm going to use the Flash method to install 10f.
Really? What other differences did you see? I hope Rogers goes with f, or i'll just stay on Rooted Telus 10f and not bother with the VoLTE (I haven't noticed any difference in calls without it anyways).

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Really? What other differences did you see? I hope Rogers goes with f, or i'll just stay on Rooted Telus 10f and not bother with the VoLTE (I haven't noticed any difference in calls without it anyways).

Well I just saw that it wasn't the same (old slowmo) so I got to thinking... what else is different? I like my 10f, so I decided to stick with it. It's a shame that they don't publish what's included in the release.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Bell pushed version e to me today. I'll take it for a spin to see what the difference is. Screenshot_2015-09-13-22-01-44.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Since Rogers seems to have decided to wait until next year to push out their update *rolleyes*, I think i'll stick with Telus 10f rooted. I don't need VoLTE and I never used Rogers video calling. My G4 is perfection now. Why mess with it? lol.

v10+root+camera mod+Greenify+Titanium Backup=One hell of a G4.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm back on actual Rogers software. I got VoLTE back!
I flashed the new Rogers 10h KDZ, then dumped my system.img and injected root using Ubuntu. After that, I just flashed the rooted system.img back on. Easy. Less than 30 mins from start to finish.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just installed mine as well, yay!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Are you noticing any differences? I'm not sure if it is placebo but the stock keyboard seems to pop 28th accuracy now.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I tweet to Bell as to why they pushed out the H81210e update instead of the f OR h and they sent me a direct message and I explained myself and still waiting for their response...if ever I get one.

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I tweet to Bell as to why they pushed out the H81210e update instead of the f OR h and they sent me a direct message and I explained myself and still waiting for their response...if ever I get one.
Their media relations rep probably had to forward to tier 1 support, which didn't know the answer, so it probably goes to the next tier, etc, then to whichever outsourced company is used, then all back again, to you :)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Awesome... Keep us in the loop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez