LG Warranty and Customer Service Problems

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE SERVICE. I'm in a rage right now. Had the phone for a month, it would get incredibly hot but ran well otherwise. Shuts down one day while idle, won't turn back on and won't acknowledge a charge. Customer support worked me through a factory reset only to have it toggle the LG screen and nothing more. Sent it in for repair and they claim WATER DAMAGE???? Absolutely not possible. I kept this in a protected case and it was never near any kind of liquid. I even checked the sticker indicator before I mailed it in to make sure something hadn't somehow gotten in.

How can they get away with this?!?!? I'm so angry, I didn't purchase insurance through t mobile as I've had no problems with any of my other phones in the last five years. I trusted LG made reliable products and now I'm out $500. What can I do?

Sent from my Z730 using Tapatalk

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE SERVICE. I'm in a rage right now. Had the phone for a month, it would get incredibly hot but ran well otherwise. Shuts down one day while idle, won't turn back on and won't acknowledge a charge. Customer support worked me through a factory reset only to have it toggle the LG screen and nothing more. Sent it in for repair and they claim WATER DAMAGE???? Absolutely not possible. I kept this in a protected case and it was never near any kind of liquid. I even checked the sticker indicator before I mailed it in to make sure something hadn't somehow gotten in.

How can they get away with this?!?!? I'm so angry, I didn't purchase insurance through t mobile as I've had no problems with any of my other phones in the last five years. I trusted LG made reliable products and now I'm out $500. What can I do?

Always take pictures and videos of the phones before you send them in.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Always take pictures and videos of the phones before you send them in.
I know, I am kicking myself. The phone was my only camera. There was absolutely no indication of water damage. Now I have to go about this the nasty way calling them and demanding to speak to manager above manager. My last resort might be going to T Mobile and begging them to help. I feel stupid for not purchasing insurance, but I didn't think that they would try to claim I damaged the phone. Found that the same exact thing has happened to a few others after googling the issue but they were able to get replacements.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
AT&T can afford it. They charge $160 a month for a 15 GB plan. And that's just the plan.

Luckily Sprint customers can get insurance in their phones and still beat other carrier pricing most of the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

monstermack77

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a G4 with Sprint doing this same reboot loop issue.
I wanted them to replace it with one from the store but they absolutely refuse. I talked to managers at the store as well as the Sprint customer service line...twice.
My option was to either wait fora refurbished to become available...which they had no ETA on or take a Samsung Galaxy S6 as a replacement.
Even though they had G4's in stock at the store.

I can guarantee...as soon as I'm out of contract I will not be renewing with Sprint...I've been with them for over a decade and have always tried to defend them to my Verizon owning friends...but no more. I'm done.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Update on my dead phone. So after LG refused to replace the phone by stating it had "water damage" I took it back to t mobile, explained how it shut off and kept booting, showed them the device which looked fresh out of the factory and not damaged in any way and they ordered me a brand new unit on the spot.

I think LG is aware of this bizarre defect in some of the units and is just giving customers a hard time trying to get replacements. If this happens again on this device....

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a G4 with Sprint doing this same reboot loop issue.
I wanted them to replace it with one from the store but they absolutely refuse. I talked to managers at the store as well as the Sprint customer service line...twice.
My option was to either wait fora refurbished to become available...which they had no ETA on or take a Samsung Galaxy S6 as a replacement.
Even though they had G4's in stock at the store.

I can guarantee...as soon as I'm out of contract I will not be renewing with Sprint...I've been with them for over a decade and have always tried to defend them to my Verizon owning friends...but no more. I'm done.

I was with them for 14 years and just recently left them. Way too many problems with their service and when I needed help, they were difficult to deal with. No more.

DroidNewbie9

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
mcirishman - I am in the EXACT same boat with Sprint/LG. My G4 has been with LG in TX for a week "repair in progress" mode. Without a phone for 2 weeks, I bought a cheap CL phone to get me by (they had to downgrade my service to make it compatible with 3G). I was not about to buy a newer phone when LG is supposed to be fixing their own issue for a phone under warranty.

Sprint also denied me because I didn't buy insurance. I am used to buying phones outright but they trapped me in the lease through a cut your rate plan in half deal when I switched from my unlimited data plan from VZW. Though phone is still under warranty and I am still paying the lease, so doesn't Sprint technically own the phone, right? They wouldn't even look at it. I talked to Sprint on the phone, went to store, went to Sprint service store, nada, said go straight to LG. So frustrating. So whatever they send me back, refurb, same phone, new phone I believe I will still be paying the lease on the phone that LG broke. GL!

Hugh59

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I bought an LG G4 eleven months ago for my wife from AT&T. Last month, it started suffering the dreaded reboot loop problem. We took it to the local AT&T shop. They told us to send it in for a warranty replacement. We did. They sent us the replacement phone and we sent back the defective phone.

This morning, I received the original phone back with a message saying that because the charging port was damaged (bent pins) the warranty was voided. So we will be charged $300 for the replacement phone. Oh...we pay $11 per month for AT&T's mobile protection package. But the coverage is not seamless with the warranty. So, I can't send the replacement phone back (I could only avoid the charge if i sent the phone back within 10 days of receiving it).

What a load of nonsense. AT&T suggested I contact LG and see if they will give me an exception. Let's see what happens.

I am furious. I am half tempted to walk down to Federal Court and file a law suit. I am a lawyer; it is what I do.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just sent my second lg g4 from Verizon in to be fixed. We'll see if they fix it or try to charge me. Has my T-mobile g4 fixed a few months ago. No issues.

katydit

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I bought a G5 through T Mobile. I had problems with it and instead of replacing the phone with a new one I had to pay them 20.00 for a refurbished phone.