do most soft TPU cases cause the G4's back to pop open when trying to remove the case?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
do most soft TPU cases cause the G4's back to pop open when trying to remove the case?

I have been trying this with both the black leather back that came with my G4, as well as a white plastic replacement cover that I bought.

Both backs seem very prone to being popped open a little bit when I try to remove TPU cases from a few different manufacturers(such as Spigen) If I pry the case off very, very slowly and carefully, it's not as bad, but still causes at least 1 corner to pop up.

I assume this is cause by the way the G4's back is designed and there's no way around it. However, I was wondering if perhaps the back on my G4 is not as secure as it should be? Has anyone else seen this "problem" on the G4?

Thanks!

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Don't use the case with my black leather for that reason. I have the gray plastic case and with that the case is good.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think all of my cases make the back plate come off also.

I wonder if that's any worse than prying the back off with my fingers? The good thing about having a removable back is that it can be easily replaced for $10 to $20. Then again, these backs rarely break, right? :)

CarpeMortem

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a cruzerlite (?) case that I pop off and on frequently without the back cover even so much as wiggling. BB blue plastic back. Planning to replace it, though, and get a circle case (possibly Qi), because I am not happy about the edge getting scuffed when I do pop the case off and on during battery swaps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana