Restore after reset

Nunya Biz1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
After the back ups it was time to reset what had become a buggy phone. But, why did I expect for the phone to be as I left it-same lock screen, etc.? The data is present...and I'm thankful...but I didn't think I'd have to re do everything. Did I do something wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Backup apps and programs usually focus on your important data and settings, and may not save your specific wallpapers or homescreen layouts. Some 3rd party launchers like Nova give you an option to backup your homescreen setup, so that's an option in the future.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What did you use to backup your phone? LG Backup allows you to choose to backup home screens, etc. - you just have to make sure to select it.

I've backed up and reset my phone a number of times with LG Backup and not had an issue with those.

Frankly, it worries me that LG Backup works so well. Almost like they expected us to have to do this a lot when we have to send our phones in for warranty repair so often.

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
So how this lg back up work?? You have to plug the phone to a computer?
I have experienced problems when backing up photos. When I transfer them back to the phone they are no longer in chronological order.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So how this lg back up work?? You have to plug the phone to a computer?
I have experienced problems when backing up photos. When I transfer them back to the phone they are no longer in chronological order.

Posted via the Android Central App

It's an app on your LG G4. It backs up what you select to your phone storage or to a SD card. I do mine to an SD card and then eventually back up the SD card to my Google Drive.

I move my photos to Google Photos so they handle the backing up for me. 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana