Bluetooth Audio Issues in Car

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
For the past few weeks whenever I try to make a bluetooth call in the car the person on the other end of the call can not hear me for some reason. I can hear them with no problem and I can play music and anything like that problem free also. I'm almost sure that the issue is with the phone itself, but I'm asking here to see if anyone else has had this issue and if they know how to fix it. The feature is quite useful to me and now making calls hands-free is pointless in the car since I can't even be heard anymore. Since music still plays fine and the audio from the other party still works I know it's not exactly an issue with the sync between the two devices most likely. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already tried restarting the phone as well as unpairing and repairing the devices but that has not helped at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which car do you have? Does it have voice commands? If so, do they still work? This can help determine if the car's microphone is faulty.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It's a pretty old car, 2001 Mazda. It doesn't have voice commands, the radio I got for it is new however and has bluetooth of course which does allow voice commands through my phone if that's what you mean. It used to work just fine, this just suddenly happened the past few weeks. Nothing happened to the car as far as I know which makes me think it's the phone itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So the phone is playing the phone audio through the aftermarket head unit, right? I would assume that the head unit has a microphone as well for those Bluetooth calls, and so it's certainly possible that the mic has failed on the unit. Do voice commands through the head unit work? If they don't, then that supports a faulty mic.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I know what the problem is now. Silly mistake on my part. Long story short, the I unknowingly broke the microphone. I also don't know how to install a new one myself, (not very good at these things) so I might have to find someone again to replace it if I want to go back to bluetooth calling. Anyways though, thanks, now I know that it was something I did and not an issue with the phone itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez