G5 Performance Opinions

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
So AC's second opinion is out on the G5, and is not glowing. It's not necessarily bad, but not good either. I feel like a lot is getting lost in the whole build/design thing. All the AT&T bloat and the mods. I really feel like this phone performs so well, it's so fast, it feels like a disservice. I know there's a bad batch out there and I know LG has quality control issues, but it seems like a lot of reviews just gloss over the fact that this phone is such a beast. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts in this regard or arguments against.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the g5 but checked one out at the local at&t store and agree it's quick with performance and design feels cheap to me but that's what cases r for lol and if the person wants to show off the color I'm sure there r clear cases too. If I didn't get the note 5 this phone was my second choice.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I have Verizon and its a lot less annoying than what that article presented. AT&T must have went overboard. Never had one of their phones.

With that being said, its lightening fast to me. Quicker than the V10 I had previously.

IBJammin

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's like any computer. Uninstall or disable bloatware and then set it up to your liking. I think this phone is getting seriously bad press for minor reasons. Go to the store to buy it, inspect it before you sign. It's a great phone with an entire industry panning it because they're paid to have opinions and split hairs.

Don't like the UI? change launchers. Don't like the way it feels? Slap on a case. I know there are quite a few folks that rock their phones naked but I think a majority do not.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Agree.. This phone is fast and battery life is excellent, every phone I had had a case so no need to sweat out built quality which is fine..I moved from the Moto x pure on Sprint network and this phone is light years ahead as far WiFi reception and data speeds no stuttering on YouTube etc.. 2 thumbs up from me.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Agree.. This phone is fast and battery life is excellent, every phone I had had a case so no need to sweat out built quality which is fine..I moved from the Moto x pure on Sprint network and this phone is light years ahead as far WiFi reception and data speeds no stuttering on YouTube etc.. 2 thumbs up from me.

The battery is surprisingly great. I'm getting 4 1/2 to 5 hours screen on time.

Mark Sturlis

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree also. I finally got my hands on one at Best Buy, and it felt great..I don't care if there's paint and primer,it felt all metal to me..Screen was great also..I'm really impressed,I just need to get my hands on the HTC 10 and pick which one will be my next phone.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's like any computer. Uninstall or disable bloatware and then set it up to your liking. I think this phone is getting seriously bad press for minor reasons. Go to the store to buy it, inspect it before you sign. It's a great phone with an entire industry panning it because they're paid to have opinions and split hairs.

Don't like the UI? change launchers. Don't like the way it feels? Slap on a case. I know there are quite a few folks that rock their phones naked but I think a majority do not.

If you're paying $600 for a piece of hardware plus software which you have to cover and change externally and internally to feel comfortable then I don't think those $600 are well spent.

At least for me they're not.

$600 is a flagship price. If it was a $200 device it could make sense.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
If you're paying $600 for a piece of hardware plus software which you have to cover and change externally and internally to feel comfortable then I don't think those $600 are well spent.

At least for me they're not.

$600 is a flagship price. If it was a $200 device it could make sense.

That's all well and good, and I don't disagree. Not in the slightest.

It would be nice if they made a $200 Nexus. That would be great. If they released it in the first or second quarter of the year, that also would be fantastic as we could all benefit from a stock Android device with the release of new processors.

Sadly, as much as I agree with you and I'm glad that works for you, I'll buy my flagship and just turn it into a Nexus.

Last edited:

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That's all well and good, and I don't disagree. Not in the slightest.

It would be nice if they made a $200 Nexus. That would be great. If they released if in the first or second quarter of the year, that also would be fantastic as we could all benefit from a stock Android device with the release of new processors.

Sadly, as much as I agree with you and I'm glad that works for you, I'll buy my flagship and just turn it into a Nexus.

No that's good. Of course Android gives you the option to change so why not?

But there's a difference between changing and getting rid of something.

I don't like this argument that if you don't like the look and feel just put a case on it. If you don't like the software, get rid of it. You're paying good money to buy that design and feel along with the software. This argument is used a lot and I don't like it personally.

Of course if anybody has a lot of money then none of this matters.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't like this argument that if you don't like the look and feel just put a case on it. If you don't like the software, get rid of it. You're paying good money to buy that design and feel along with the software. This argument is used a lot and I don't like it personally.

I hate cases. I think they make phones ugly. But then again, I understand protecting your device. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Granted it's only 7 days old, but its the fastest phone I have ever had and being the phone addict that I am there have been quite a few.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I hate cases. I think they make phones ugly. But then again, I understand protecting your device. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose.

I don't care much for cases however I bought a nice see through one with trim around the edges that match the color of the phone. It actually makes the phone look sharp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez