Need help with LG G5 UX 5.0

Austin Mesiti

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been reading that there is an update/download that added a home screen and app tray option but I do not see it. I have also tried downloading the UX 5.0 from Google play but it says it requires LGhome which I can't seem to find. I have also tried using LGs own app store, but the 'LG Home 4.0' does not appear when searched. This is my first day with the phone and it really has been a pain in the butt trying to figure this out.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, there is no App Drawer in UX 5.0

There is
- Home (UX5.0)
- Home and App Drawer (UX4.80.9)
- Easy Home

There are a couple different ways to get it. On my T-Mo phone, it's on the Home Screen tab -> Select Home and it can be downloaded from there (see attached).

If you don't have it there, you can open LG Smart World and search for Home and App Drawer and download it. It is not available on Google Play.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 13640.jpg
    13640.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 72

Austin Mesiti

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. I do not have that option on my Home options menu. I also am unable to do what the other threads suggest and update apps manually which I believe is a Verizon issue.

I had tried downloading it from Smart World earlier, but it was not there when I had searched it multiple times.

adnroidtim32

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just installed nova launcher on lg g5 and as of now does everything I want it to do. Also easy to use Thank you for recommending it jek48.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez