keep getting USB "power supply" notification

Bastian Lindemann

May 8, 2020
Visit site
so my fix to this issue (LG G7) was: I pressed a toothpic wich I thinned out so it would fit in the charging port against the faced down side of the port so the side wich is down when you phone is lying on something and I very gentilly pressed the inner plate up a bit (coincidetially found this) and I found out that the usb (original) cable was resposible for this because i think I broke it a while ago by deforming the inner connection in the head of the cable

edit: just fixed the issue temorarily for about an hour

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so my fix to this issue (LG G7) was: I pressed a toothpic wich I thinned out so it would fit in the charging port against the faced down side of the port so the side wich is down when you phone is lying on something and I very gentilly pressed the inner plate up a bit (coincidetially found this) and I found out that the usb (original) cable was resposible for this because i think I broke it a while ago by deforming the inner connection in the head of the cable

edit: just fixed the issue temorarily for about an hour
Hi, welcome!

Sounds like you might have a damaged charging port .

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I have a LG G5 on Sprint and I have the same notification that will not go away. It must be an OS software issue. I wish we implemented a restore option to go back to the last update.

If you have a none root package blocker for LG (I think I've seen them) you can start disabling likely candidates and see if you can track it down. If it's a nonessential apk you could permanently disable it.

Also go into Developer Options and see if any there's any help there. I doubt it but worth a peek.