LG G5 thumbnails are blurry/distorted/pixelated

A

AC Question

I am experiencing a problem with my new LG G5 that I have never experienced with any other Android phone. Thumbnails are appearing distorted and blurry, similar to a poor quality JPEG. It started from the first time I got this phone with Instagram (see screenshot) and now today it has started doing it with my Gallery (see screenshot #2 ), after 3 weeks of owning this phone.

I have tried clearing my cache multiple times, reinstalling apps, using the Smart Doctor to optimize my phone, but no success. It's annoying to see such a poor quality thumbnail on a phone that was supposed to have a great display. For once, I decided to take the chance with a higher quality phone instead of the run-of-the-mill standard smartphones. Wondering why I even bothered now!

Any tips on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Are you using the stock gallery app? I've noticed that with more photos on my device, the longer it takes the gallery app to generate the thumbnails, and sometimes a while to sharpen the thumbnails. Thumbnails are just small snippets the device takes from your images to align them to a grid, they're not really supposed to be high quality to begin with, but you should still be able to see what they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non