I am experiencing a problem with my new LG G5 that I have never experienced with any other Android phone. Thumbnails are appearing distorted and blurry, similar to a poor quality JPEG. It started from the first time I got this phone with Instagram (see screenshot) and now today it has started doing it with my Gallery (see screenshot #2 ), after 3 weeks of owning this phone.

I have tried clearing my cache multiple times, reinstalling apps, using the Smart Doctor to optimize my phone, but no success. It's annoying to see such a poor quality thumbnail on a phone that was supposed to have a great display. For once, I decided to take the chance with a higher quality phone instead of the run-of-the-mill standard smartphones. Wondering why I even bothered now!

Any tips on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
    04-30-2017 05:01 PM
    Are you using the stock gallery app? I've noticed that with more photos on my device, the longer it takes the gallery app to generate the thumbnails, and sometimes a while to sharpen the thumbnails. Thumbnails are just small snippets the device takes from your images to align them to a grid, they're not really supposed to be high quality to begin with, but you should still be able to see what they are.
    04-30-2017 05:14 PM