LG G6 touchscreen not working due to sensor on the back panel?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have had an LG G6 for a few years, always had a case on. Some drops, some snow/water around ports but nothing severe and no issues following any of that.

Just a few days ago the touchscreen stopped working, but it would allow a few movements then stop. After some research online, and a factory reset, someone with a similar experience found that pushing on the back panel around the camera block or fingerprint sensor while turning on would make the touchscreen work again.

This worked for a while but was really an unworkable solution with, I can’t find the right spot or it has stopped doing the trick.

So I’m wondering if anyone knows or can think of what may have caused this to be a solution. I opened the back panel and looking around I didn’t see any obvious sensor that I may have been pushing. I cleaned the fingerprint connects and put the panel back on but this didn’t help.

One commenter said maybe it was related to the phone thinking the back panel wasn’t on and that prevents the phone from working. I don’t know why that would be a thing but if it was how would that be done?

I was thinking about replacing the back panel or even the whole back assembly, but for $80+ that gets close to the cost of a replacement LG G6 entirely.

Any thoughts or suggestion appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non