battery life is amazing

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I thought dark these saved more battery

With an AMOLED screen that's true, LCD gets better mileage with lighter colors because AMOLED screens draw darker colors by shutting off or using low power; they work harder to draw bright/light colors. LCD is opposite (sort of) as it has to draw all colors, even black, which is why LCD panels always seem to have a glow even when they're on standby.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I wish my battery life was on par with my s7 edge but it isn't. I see people talking about having around 4 hours of SOT but I am no where near close. Love this phone but total Bummer.

Well there's obviously something wrong here. There's no reason that your SOT should be so horrid. It should be similar to the rest of us unless you have really odd apps running in the background.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Well there's obviously something wrong here. There's no reason that your SOT should be so horrid. It should be similar to the rest of us unless you have really odd apps running in the background.
Agree. I would exchange that phone. Or factory reset first to see if that helps and start from scratch.

zrcr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
While I don't care as much about SOT like the original poster, I will agree that battery life is pretty good. Coming from the Note 5, I can now actually make it 24 hours without having to charge. With my Note, if the battery was anywhere < 35% at night, I'd have to plug it in prior to bed to make sure it could make it to my alarm in the morning. With the G6, I'm only losing a few percentage points during the night.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
With an AMOLED screen that's true, LCD gets better mileage with lighter colors because AMOLED screens draw darker colors by shutting off or using low power; they work harder to draw bright/light colors. LCD is opposite (sort of) as it has to draw all colors, even black, which is why LCD panels always seem to have a glow even when they're on standby.

Whoa... I didn't know this. Going to try and use pale white backgrounds from now on wherever possible.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure a light or dark theme makes much difference either way since you're usually not sitting on your home screen.

As far as sot compared to the s7 edge, i get around an hour less on my v20 compared to that phone, but I'm usually running the v20 screen at 75% brightness whereas the s7e i kept around 60.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It might not, my knee-jerk reaction is usually "remove all Facebook" whether I know if someone has it installed or not. :D But if a dark theme is set, it's showing dark colors anytime the system UI is showing, and that's definitely going to be a couple percentage points.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I regularly get 4-5 hours, which is great to me. I think the battery is stellar. I wonder how the S8 battery will hold up? I debated returning my G6 for that, but the battery is awesome, the camera isn't bad, the flat screen is better than curved and apparently LG Pay is debuting on this phone in Summer '17. So, I'm keeping it. Again, even though the 835 Snapdragon is more efficient, I can't believe a 3000 mah battery in the S8 will be that great.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So great to know that great battery life can be obtained with this phone! Glad you are enjoying yours, OP! And nice picture! It feels like I'm actually there!

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or am I the only one who doesnr care about battery life and SOT? Whenever I have a chance, I'm plugging in my phone. Whether I'm in the car or at work on a break. I plug it in with a portable battery or into the wall or in my car.

sasuke1212

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty horrid recently. I have no idea why I have less than 2 SOT while others are at 5+ SOT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-11-18-32-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-11-18-32-58.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2017-04-11-18-32-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-11-18-32-30.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez