Dang it verizon!! turned off "icon shapes" and "Smart Settings".

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
One of the biggest problems with being on Verizon is them choosing which features to allow and not to allow. For some reason, in their infinite wisdom, they've turned of "icon shapes" and "Smart Settings". WHY?!?!?!?!?!? Anyone found a way to fix either of these? I tried the trick that used to work on the V20 but apparently they've found a way to block that now.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dang it verizon!!!!o

Lol why they keep messing with phone firmware is beyond me.

Last edited:

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Those things don't bother me. I would never use the smart settings. The round icons option is redundant. I always I just use Nova Launcher with icon packs.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am on Verizon and cannot find Smart Settings either (damn, that would be handy!). But, Icon Shape is under Settings > Home Screen > Icon Shape.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Odd, I have no idea why yours and mine would be different since both are VZW. On mine, it is under Home Screen right between Screen Swipe Effect and Allow Home Screen Looping.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
You can access these settings, they didn't completly remove the features. All they did for the setting banner was change the dimensions like so:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
xmlns:app="com.lge.iftttmanager" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" app:dividerPadding="0.0dip" />
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will make and post a tutorial on how to access these features at a later time...

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Dang it verizon!! turned off "icon shapes" and "Smart Settings".

I have finished my Smart settings reclamation guide. You can find it here. I will see what I can do about making a round icons reclamation guide in the meantime...

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
77c69f044e6e4618f2b45178a15c4c72.jpg

I'm on Verizon and I have the icon shape option.

duke69111

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Dang it verizon!! turned off "icon shapes" and "Smart Settings".

Your link doesn't seem to go anywhere. Is there somewhere else to find the guide? Thanks.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
AT&T doesn't have the icon shape option either, which is why I am using Nova. I get the idea for the default (makes all the icons have a consistent shape), but I don't like how it shrinks them down.