LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8 - Pros and Cons Thread

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Care to elaborate or are we doing one word replies now?
I think a lot of people are biased against LG phones. No camera will take good pic in low light of a moving object. Low light means slower exposure which means anything moving is blurred.

LG camera takes perfectly good shots of moving objects in any kind of daylight. Maybe the user's hand isn't steady. I have that problem and despite claims to the contrary no software fixes it. If your hand moves u don't get a great pic ime

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I think a lot of people are biased against LG phones. No camera will take good pic in low light of a moving object. Low light means slower exposure which means anything moving is blurred.
Totally agree. Your comment was a bit vague. Do you think I'm biased against LG, or any manufacturer for that matter? Or are you saying those who have issues with the G6 are allowing their bias to influence their experience?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree. Your comment was a bit vague. Do you think I'm biased against LG, or any manufacturer for that matter? Or are you saying those who have issues with the G6 are allowing their bias to influence their experience?
I won't accuse any individual. I just think Samsung dominance makes many people jump to conclusion LG sucks the first time they get a bad pic. With Sammy people think it's the best on the market so bad pic means user error. jmo

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I won't accuse any individual. I just think Samsung dominance makes many people jump to conclusion LG sucks the first time they get a bad pic. With Sammy people think it's the best on the market so bad pic means user error. jmo
I'm sure there's probably some truth to that. Samsung definitely has some folks who ignore their downfalls. This forum was full of excuses when the Note 7 happened. I got blasted for saying there would be a recall when I heard it was coming. I'm sure LG has alot of the same and we all know Apple has some of the worst offenders.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there's probably some truth to that. Samsung definitely has some folks who ignore their downfalls. This forum was full of excuses when the Note 7 happened. I got blasted for saying there would be a recall when I heard it was coming. I'm sure LG has alot of the same and we all know Apple has some of the worst offenders.
I'm an old Samsung guy and had a Note 7. I really wanted no part of LG because I like led notifications however I gave V20 a chance due to ir blaster and lack of flagship alternatives when Note 7 was taken away. I do desperately miss led notifications however I am thrilled with the quality of my V20. I do prefer Samsung camera but not enough to make a difference. I much prefer 16/9 ratio of V20 and wish other manufacturers keep it in their flagships until everyone's tv is 2/1 (which will take many years if ever)

I don't find LG crowd is as sensitive to criticism as Samsung or iPhone acolytes.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
That's happens with every OEM. Because Samsung sells more phones, it's obviously more skewed. But lots of people skew opinions to favor their desired outcome.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I had both.

G6 Pros:
Better fingerprint sensor location
Better pocketability
Larger battery (vs S8)
Flat display
Wide-angle lens on the rear camera

S8 Pros:
Better display
Better camera quality
Better storage (64GB right out of the box)
More biometric security options (FPS, iris, face)
Better quality on front facing camera vs G6
Faster download speeds on 4G LTE
Latest SoC

G6 cons:
Rear camera glass scratches easily on black model
Only 32GB of ROM
Average quality on front facing camera
Rear camera takes average low light photos
Last year's flagship specs in this year's phone

S8 cons:
Fingerprint sensor location
Average battery life
Red tint issues on display

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I had both.

G6 Pros:
Better pocketability
Larger battery (vs S8)
Flat display

S8 Pros:
Better display
Better camera quality
Latest SoC

G6 cons:
Only 32GB of ROM

S8 cons:
Average battery life

Surprisingly, I agree with your pros and cons the most.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had both.

G6 Pros:
Better pocketability
Larger battery (vs S8)
Flat display

S8 Pros:
Better display
Better camera quality
Latest SoC

G6 cons:
Only 32GB of ROM

S8 cons:
Average battery life

Yeah but for Asian model we get 64gb and hifi dac so no cons for me on G6 and using naked since 5 days now..no scratches

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get why people bemoan specs on a phone not being 'latest and greatest' but are we not at a point where, for the most part, it doesn't matter in the least?

I mean, in real-world application, last year's Snapdragon and this year's chip won't show any type of difference.

Personally, I just think it's silly to hold it against a phone. Heck, I still use a two year old device that, for real world use, still can go head-to-head with most phones on the market today.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I get why people bemoan specs on a phone not being 'latest and greatest' but are we not at a point where, for the most part, it doesn't matter in the least?

I mean, in real-world application, last year's Snapdragon and this year's chip won't show any type of difference.

Personally, I just think it's silly to hold it against a phone. Heck, I still use a two year old device that, for real world use, still can go head-to-head with most phones on the market today.

Depends on the person. In day to day use, no it doesn't matter. But when someone is spending $700+ on a new device, they have the right to expect the "latest" and most future proof product if that's important to them.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Yes and no for me. For those who keep phones for 2+ years then yes get the latest and greatest available. For people like me who keep phones 1 year or less, get whats out there that works today.

The 835 will be old news in just under a year just like the 821 is "old news" today. That doesnt mean the 821 is obsolete or inferior, it just means I dont have the newest edition today but I couldnt care less because I dont keep phones long enough to matter. A few weeks ago I was using an 820 chip and dont recall ever saying "man this chip sucks, I sure wish I had an 821".

Just like Bluetooth 5.0 doesnt matter what so ever right now since there is no devices to use it with. By the time there is I'll upgrade and get to use it. For those who keep phones for years, you may want Bluetooth 5.0.

Future proofing only makes sense when you plan on using a device in the distant future.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no for me. For those who keep phones for 2+ years then yes get the latest and greatest available. For people like me who keep phones 1 year or less, get whats out there that works today.

The 835 will be old news in just under a year just like the 821 is "old news" today. That doesnt mean the 821 is obsolete or inferior, it just means I dont have the newest edition today but I couldnt care less because I dont keep phones long enough to matter. A few weeks ago I was using an 820 chip and dont recall ever saying "man this chip sucks, I sure wish I had an 821".

Just like Bluetooth 5.0 doesnt matter what so ever right now since there is no devices to use it with. By the time there is I'll upgrade and get to use it. For those who keep phones for years, you may want Bluetooth 5.0.

Future proofing only makes sense when you plan on using a device in the distant future.

This is spot on.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Well said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress