Question if aod is off

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am considering getting this phone with the bestbuy deal. I don't like having the screen on all the time. If the aod feature is turned off will the screen flash when you have notifications like the Motorola line does?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I am considering getting this phone with the bestbuy deal. I don't like having the screen on all the time. If the aod feature is turned off will the screen flash when you have notifications like the Motorola line does?
That's a good question, just tested that with Textra and built in email client. Textra wakes up the entire screen (that's controlled by the app). Email didn't. AOD notification didn't work when it's off it seems. Bummer

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

No. If you leave the AOD on it will still turn off. If you put it face down our in your pocket for example. It's quite intuitive. Also it has 2 settings for brightness...

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't, the large icon a la Moto style only flashes up when anyways on display is active BUT there's a great app called Screen Notifications in the PlayStore. It turns on your screen for 10 seconds (or whatever you set it to) to show you your notifications on the lockscreen. It's pretty much identical to how iPhone works and I really like it now LG have removed the Notification L.E.D.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....lukekorth.screennotifications&token=MeVgK0fO