Some Gripes About my new LG G6

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I wish the double-press-volume-button actions could be reassigned too -- I don't understand why volume-up is set to capture+. How often do I need to capture my screen's contents while it's locked???

Double pressing the volume up button takes you to capture+. Then pressing the T button takes you to the lock screen. When you unlock the phone you will be on the note screen where you can type or dictate a note or set a reminder.

russ351

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
I use Key Plus from the Playstore. I designated the volume up button as the flashlight shortcut when the screen is off.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten used to the two finger pull down method for the notification drawer because for some reason I can't get it through my head which icon is for Bluetooth so I need the actual name to show. But there is where my flashlight widget is.

I have the stock calendar icon on my Verizon G6 but I also have the Google Calendar in my Playstore library I just haven't downloaded it onto this phone yet. I miss having my next notification always showing up on my home screen but I'm not sure if it would also put it on the AOD which I'm not sure if I want or not.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
It should not work on others people's phones unless you have similar voice patterns.

"should not" did not stop TV advertisements making google home and assistant respond.

Burger King did an advertisement with the line:
"OK, Google, what is the Whopper burger?"

They apparently won't respond now, but were doing just that originally.

Therefore I am not planning on using voice commands any time soon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think my G3 had the same deal with the flashlight only being accessible through the drop-down menu. I agree with the user who suggested going to the Play Store and downloading a torch app. Worth it for those emergencies or, in my case, when you just can't find something. 😜

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
torch apps... ew... be VERY wary of them. There are a ton of apps in the Play Store that are glorified ad bombs that ask for way too many permissions to function.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
torch apps... ew... be VERY wary of them. There are a ton of apps in the Play Store that are glorified ad bombs that ask for way too many permissions to function.
Good point. I remember my girlfriend installing one on her phone and it asking for calling permissions etc. This was before Marshmallow though so it was all or nothing. I was an iOS user at the time and found it very odd.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to remove all of the shortcuts but 2 of them are stuck there and cannot be removed.

I just checked on my T-Mobile US version and I was able to remove the remaining 2 shortcuts from my lock screen. Go to Settings > Lock screen > Shortcuts. At the top right is a trashcan icon. Click that and then select the two shortcuts you want to remove. Hope this helps!

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's another gripe: Despite my settings, the G6 insists on playing music via Poweramp, my default player, when I plug in headphones. But that's not the real gripe. The thing I don't like is what happens when I unplug the headphones, if I'm listening to a podcast. What should happen is...nothing. The podcast should stop and that's all. Instead, when I unplug the headphones Poweramp starts playing again on the phone speaker.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
"should not" did not stop TV advertisements making google home and assistant respond.

Burger King did an advertisement with the line:
"OK, Google, what is the Whopper burger?"

They apparently won't respond now, but were doing just that originally.

Therefore I am not planning on using voice commands any time soon.

Never had a problem but I hate having only one phrase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty