Somehow I apparently got moisture in my usb port, it's been giving my phone problems and it's been very fishy when charging. It seems to come and go. It first started around 3 hours ago, anyone else have this problem and do you know of a permanent fix?
    08-25-2017 10:22 PM
    Do you see some kind of message saying there is moisture in the port?
    08-25-2017 11:38 PM
    How I fixed it, go into all apps. Then system apps, find the app that is giving you that warning and clear its cache and it's data. I did that and the warning never came back. Apparently a lot of people were getting this warning out of no where. Hope this helps for you.
    08-26-2017 05:33 AM
    Yes, It goes away for a little bit then comes back and my fast charge won't work anymore
    08-26-2017 01:40 PM
    I can say honestly that dust is really getting in the usb port and speaker holes. But i don't wanna get nidle in it. How do you clean it with tooth stick or ? I wanna clean it but i don't wanna f*** up the port...
    08-27-2017 12:58 AM
    Definitely clean out the charging port. Its method of detecting moisture can be fooled by debris in there with a similar resistance that is shorting out the contacts. First try compressed air, then find something thin and plastic you can stick in there. Maybe a plastic dental pick would work well. I know I'm eventually going to have to find something myself! I used to use plastic-coated wire on my LGOG but I think the USB-C port is a little more fragile.
    08-27-2017 01:32 AM
    I had same issue when i used it in the sea then washed it under tap water..after that i keep getting same error...i just tried blow dyer and i a days time all was back to normal...
    08-27-2017 08:40 AM
    another option is rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. I've used that to clean out ports before and it's always worked. plus the alcohol will dry out any moisture quickly.
    08-29-2017 02:11 PM
    Yeah, getting something in the port to clean out any solid debris that might be causing a false positive is good. I would personally go with "softer is better" as long as it doesn't stand a chance of adding more debris than is removed.

I'd start with a little compressed air or light suction with a vacuum to see if you can move it with air movement. Or just blow into the port gently. Then I'd move up to a dry soft-bristled toothbrush followed with some air movement. Then add high-percentage rubbing alcohol to the toothbrush if that doesn't do the trick.

I'd save the toothpicks and hard plastic implements for last resort items and use them really, really gently.
    08-31-2017 02:33 PM
    I had this problem too. Went 5 days with it popping up the error. I ended up having Verizon replace it under warranty.

Thank goodness for the wireless charger.
    09-07-2017 06:48 AM
    I've had lint get into the USB port and cause it to do funky things when trying to charge. I cleaned it out with a can of compressed air and it was fine.

To the OP, has the phone even seen water/liquid?
    09-07-2017 08:17 PM