Microphone not working for calls on LG G6

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The person on the other end is not able to hear me, via WhatsApp calls or normal calls. I have tried speaking louder and occasionally, they have heard something, but this happens rarely. The strange thing is that voicenotes on WhatsApp and voice recording works absolutely fine, SO I don't think my mic is faulty.

Please assist :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone needs work. It could be software, it could be hardware. Unless it's still under warranty, it's going to cost.

Jazpaul

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I too have an LG G6 and I tried this by making one change at a time to see if it were one or the other or both settings changed because I am having the exact same issue. Speakerphone works fine. But people can barely hear me, if at all, from the phone mic which seems to be getting worse. I keep my phone in my pants pocket most of the time and I find pocket lint often around the mic area. I am thinking its becoming clogged with lint or dust or whatever. Going to try cleaning it out and see what gives. I will try and report back on my findings. Cheers

Jazpaul

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Ok so I tried blowing out the microphone canal, as well as used a toothpick to try and scrap out any lint that might be stuck in it. I also played some more with different settings and made phone calls to my wife to test... No luck after trying all of these. I am starting to think its a technical issue with the phone itself. This is unfortunate since I bought the insurance plan and this was their 'refurbished' phone they sent me. This phone has not been physically damaged or even dropped for that matter and if it did ever come into some kind of impact without me knowing, its in an Otterbox. Nor has it come into contact with moisture.. Even if it did its supposed to be dunkable for up to 30 mins. I am thinking dud.

Ha_Peter

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,

I (in Holland) have the same problem: the person on the other end is - once in a while - not able to hear me well.
It even happened that I had to cut off the conversation and to call again. I can hear the other end well.