G7 owners, how curved is the screen?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So I'm hearing people are not having a hard time installing regular tempered glass screen protectors, so I guess maybe LG addressed the issue with people not being able to install screen protectors.. is that true? Can you install a normal glass screen protector without issues (or the need for glue)? The V30 required expensive equipment to get a glass screen protector to work, it's not even worth it. The V20 was flat enough for a glass screen protector, the G6 was obviously entirely flat.. the S8 and S9 cannot use glass screen protectors.. screen was wayyy too curved, very annoying actually. Apple made sure all their phones were compatible with glass screen protectors.

BTW I'm talking about tempered glass screen protectors (preferably the one without glued edges), I don't like plastic or "wet install" screen protectors.. (except for RinoGear RinoSkin, they make GREAT wet install screen protectors).

IMG_20180628_145553.jpg

Photo is from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg...empered-glass-screen-protector-t3797679/page6

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone post photos of their G7 with your tempered glass installed? Also, any other recommendations besides White Dome? Don't wanna spend $50 on a glass screen protector...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for putting this thread out - curved screens/bodies are significant factors in deciding whether or not a phone is right for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa