I'm on a new LG G8 running Pie. Alarms seemed to work when I first tried using them with the default Clock app, but today my first alarm didn't sound, but it came up on the screen. Then, my second alarm sounded but did not appear on screen. I tried clearing app data and checking notification settings to no avail. Now, every alarm plays but does not show any sort of visual cue or notification, except for an instant on the top bar of the phone which cannot be interacted with. The only way of turning it off (but not snoozed) is to tap the clock and turning the specific alarm off from the list which is not the intended functionality.
    I have the Microsoft Launcher installed and Cortana set as the default assistant. I also have Microsoft To-Do installed. I'm thinking those apps are the most probable o be causing issues. I also have installed VLC Media Player recently so maybe that?
    I'm surprised not many have had this problem, with this exact set of symptoms.
    Any smart suggestions?
    12-21-2019 02:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do alarms work normally in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39649
    12-21-2019 04:01 PM
    Just tried and it still malfunctions in safe mode. It sounds with no display and have to turn it off by toggling the specific alarm off from the list in the clock app. Weird.
    12-23-2019 04:22 PM
    Did the phone get a recent system update, and if so, did this only start happening since that update?
    12-23-2019 04:37 PM
    No, haven't had any updates. I installed VLC.. guess I could try uninstalling it... I can probably see what other recent apps I got too, somehow.
    12-23-2019 04:40 PM
    No, haven't had any updates. I installed VLC.. guess I could try uninstalling it... I can probably see what other recent apps I got too, somehow.
    make sure check the alarm clock premission, check also data/wifi not restricted and notification and check DND can't override it , to do that long press clock icon and tap info and scroll through each menu .
    12-23-2019 04:51 PM