Random Issues With Internal Memory, Any Help?

A

AC Question

Random Issues With Internal Memory

Ok, so I currently have an LG Lucid 3 through VZW. I've had it almost a year, and for the most part, it's been a pretty solid phone. It comes with 8GB of internal storage, and I have a 32GB microSD card inserted. Up until a few days ago, everything was working pretty great. I had around 1GB of internal storage remaining on the device (And yes, this includes the required 3-4GB of system items). I accidentally left my phone in my car about four days ago. Problem is, I live in Florida, and it's summer right now.

So obviously my phone didn't sit well with being in a car with the temperature being upwards of 97 degrees. It was only in the car for roughly an hour and a half, but when I returned to the car, the phone had a message that it had shut down due to overheating. I left it off until I got home to let it cool down, and as soon as I got home, I brought it inside, turned it on, and everything seemed to be fairly normal.

That night, I plugged it into the charger and went to bed (It was only on the charger for about 5 hours, and the battery was around 5% when I plugged it in, so I doubt I overcharged or anything). When I woke up, I suddenly had a warning notification about my internal storage being low. Somehow, in the span of 5 hours and my phone not even being used, it ate up that 1GB of memory and only had 32MB of storage left. At a loss of what to do, I backed everything up, then factory reset the phone. I proceeded to restore everything to normal, and the internal storage again settled around 1-1.5GB remaining, just as it was before. I figured everything was back to normal.

Now, over the last two-three days, my internal storage has been fluctuating wildly. At any given moment, my phone will throw me the low storage warning. Then, it goes away on its own without me touching anything or uninstalling/deleting anything at all. At its own leisure, the warning will continue to just come back, then go away, come back, then go away. This morning, it was alerting me to being low again, to the point that I was failing to receive text messages (It said that my text message memory was full, but I only had three text messages in total on my phone). I cleared all of my text messages and the warning went away. When I woke up today, my storage was at 42.5MB, and it is currently sitting at around 300-400MB.

I'm not sure at all what is going on. Did the overheating issue damage something in the phone? Could this storage issue be related to some sort of heat damage? I've never messed with any of the bloatware on the device, as I've never had my storage low enough to warrant it, but at the moment, I'm considering disabling the bloatware apps if need be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo