Battery Life Average: Found Phone is Always Awake. Remedies?

jeffreylancaster

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently bought a LG Optimus Elite (I know it's out of date, but it fits my budget) and am extremely satisfied with its performance. One problem I am having though is that I only get 1.5-2 days of batter life, which I think is normal for this phone. I rarely turn on WIFI, and if so, only for a cummulative 30 min. a day, bluetooth, gps, and sync (including background syncing) are always off and brightness is all the way as dim as possible. I also periodically go through the manage apps settings each day and force stop on apps that continue to pop up running ( I only downloaded 2 apps btw). My problem is that whenever I check my batter stats (Settings--->About Phone------>battery graph), the blue bar for "Awake" time is still painting about 50% of the batter life, even though every possible source I can think of that would wake up my phone is shut off. Any solutions to the problem?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

LynnieB

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading and installing a battery manager app such as Battery Doctor. Also get an app that will let you stop all/most running apps and use this every time you're done using your phone for a while. An example is NQ Android booster. Another nice app, though it won't actually save the battery, is Quick Settings. It will automatically send data over WiFi whenever you're connected to a network, and turn off data transfer on the 3G/4G network to minimize that data if you're on a limited data plan.